Do COs and Branch Officials Have A Rulebook?

by NotFormer 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Elders have a rulebook. Do COs and their superiors have a similar written set of guidelines setting out everything they're supposed to be on top of?

What prompted the question was a statement by jehovax that there is a new elders manual coming out due to the new changes. And he suggests that elders will have virtually no control over R&F regarding disfellowshipping situations because the COs and Branches will be all for letting the DFed go virtually scot-free as far as reinstatement goes. (That's my understanding of the phrasing of it, anyway 🤔)

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5078791571898368/new-standard-on-how-they-treat-disfellowship

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes, COs have a book, and there are branch books too. Don’t know where to find them. Atlantis will know!

• Atlantis
  • Elmer
    Elmer

“Jehovaxx” is just a Troll. Same person as ExBethelitePima, Elderberry, Teddnzo, Elena, and a few others I can’t recall at the moment.

Also, MikeJW (just remembered another one).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wait, you’re saying all those guys are really just one person?

If that were the case, wouldn’t Simon do something about it?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Dunno. I wonder if the IPs are all the same or not. But that's just the old forum admin in me, being restless.

They all sound alike, though. Hung up on vaccines and 'JW Lite.'

• Elmer
    Elmer

Oh, it’s the same dude that also pretends to be a woman named”Elena” too.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Whoever he is, the assertion didn't ring true for me. For that to work, it's not just the elders who have to change in attitude, but everyone up the appeals/enforcement line. Hence my question about rulebooks. If the elders book were to be changed, the other rulebooks would have to be as well. If kinder/gentler was the organisation's goal, a lot would have to be changed all over the org.

I don't personally believe that any of the changes have anything to do with the WT becoming kinder and gentler. It is all about convincing governments that they are. Most here have pointed out that there are many more changes that are needed that the conservative and slowly moving organisation haven't addressed yet. They've only done the minimum that they hope they can get away with.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

In addition to the ever-evolving "rule books", every congregation gets a constant flow of letters that go into a thick 3-ring binder, that has to be updated constantly. ( A real pain in the ass- that half the elder body doesn't/can't keep up with.)

Holy Spirit must be fickle or have dementia.....because it flip-flops constantly....and is obviously bad with money...because there is a constant shortage of it.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    TOHThey all sound alike, though. Hung up on vaccines and 'JW Lite.'

😂😂

I'm guessing they use VPN's? Would a mod know if they were using one?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit