On the night before my wedding.....

by Strawberryfieldsforever 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

On the night before my wedding, my mom came into my room with the TALK. You know. The one where they think they need to tell you all about it? She said she knew I probably knew all about the wedding night, but did I have any questions? I said no. She then told me to remember one thing tho...that you aren't to touch it. My eyes got real big and I said "you don't touch it"? She told me there was bible information on it. Well needless to say I was totally floored,....because I had already touched it! She then tenderly kissed me on the forehead and left the room. I sat in silence. I was thinking.....but what if it touches me???????

Does anyone have any info on the whacky ideas the JW's come up with on sex??? And the bible said that? I always wondered about it!

• Joysome
    Joysome

Ok...here's another peeve of mine!! It's not just JW's that come up with some of the silly stuff. "Worldly" people come up with some pretty wacky stuff too. Why is it everything that was said and done by someone in the organization is blamed on the fact that they were JW's?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

You're probably just saying that because you were warped by the organization.

In fact, I'm responding because I have been warped by the organization.

• amac
    amac

That's hilarious! It would have been even funnier if your husband had to chase you around the honeymoon suite with you yelling "MY MOM TOLD ME NOT TO TOUCH THAT!!! GET AWAY!!!!"

I agree that some people get wacky ideas no matter what their religion, I don't ever remember reading that a wife couldn't touch her hubby's popo.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Crazy - but in many other religions -- older generations in particular can be hung up about sex - it is not just JWs -- though they are bad - -like you can use your mouth to kiss but only on the face (possibly breasts) but definitely not on the sexual organs -- some people just have hang ups about sex -- crazy really -- nothing rational about it at all

• shamus
    shamus

Jeez, not weird or anything, LOL~!

I have to touch it because I have one. Does that make me the devil?

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

What type of wedding animal are you?

A dog because you touched it on the honeymoon night?

A chicken, because you touched it after the honeymoon night?

No, a rat because you touched it the night before! :-))

Congratulations, when ever it was.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

I don't ever remember reading that a wife couldn't touch her hubby's popo.

amac

But I do recall, and I think it was a '68 WT, where the WTS said that you can't touch his poo-poo

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It's not as beyond-the-pale as it might at first seem. In a sense, the society's ban on oral sex was precisely saying nothing more than "don't touch it with your mouth". Exactly as ridiculous when logic is applied.

If some poor soul was of a repressive and prudish bent, due to being raised amongst a repressive and prudish religion, then indeed it would not be a great leap to believe the sex organs off limits to anything other than... well...., other sex organs (after 10 pm on saturday nights if there isn't an early meeting, and a chaste person still does not need to disrobe completely).

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

I can't find a reference to a poo-poo in the watchtower CD library.

But Popo is the Popocatépetl volcano, in Mexico which is about ready to erupt. The irony!! Better not touch it! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit