Financially Are You Doing Better Than a Year Ago?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• LifesNotOver
    LifesNotOver

Wow! Just Wow!! That's some real nastiness there. Chill, guys! 🙃

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice
    Better and worse. Can't complain I haven't made less than 100 grand in 10 years. I also don't have a diploma just a trade.
  • scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Lifesnotover:mine wasnt nastyness. It was a genuine quetion

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Not too badly. A couple of pensions have kicked in via my missus. Although we cashed in one that was paying just £18 a month and realised over £4000 as a result.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The last job I had offered voluntary superannuation which I opted in for as I was a lousy saver and if the big A came before I received any benefits ? no big deal. (Paradise)

As it turned out I was in that job 28 years and came out with a tidy sum ,maybe it was because I was a convert and figured it was a good each way bet ?

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Worse, way worse, and next year when 'Brexit' happens, I dread to think where will be financially.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

I think I’m pretty much the same!

SMIDDY3:

I am glad you opted for that superannuation (this is what it’s called where you come from). I can’t imagine an intelligent person turning that down.

I worked my whole life and glad I made all the proper plans for MY retirement. So glad I never listened to the JWs!

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Phoebe: Dont sweat the brexit too much! Whats your line of work?

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Scruffmcbuff

Retail - Online store

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I'm very lucky mine had been better most years as my career has progressed. Only year it was worse was in 2008 when the markets crashed. But they recovered as did my house and retirement account.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit