Financially Are You Doing Better Than a Year Ago?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Very much worse off for a while at the start of the year in the UK until I was finally awarded my PIP benefit. So about the same money coming in, however because of rising costs - worse off still. 😢

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Better (here in the ole US of A). Business is booming! But finding people who really want to work -- real manual labor -- is nearly impossible. Evidently, it's too easy here to draw a check without having to really work for it.

• Perry
    Perry

Better

• never a jw
    never a jw

Better, but no thanks to Trump, just the American economy that always rewards hard work under Democrats or Republicans. I have been through Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, Obama and now Trump. Never noticed a difference in my bank account. Always healthier!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I’m from the USA and it’s a little productive this year then last but over all way better then when I was in the Borg collective.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

There's a curiosity behind every question Min, so what is yours, is it because you Lord and Savior the orange moron is now POTUS, or is it because you were just wondering on a lazy afternoon?

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • Listener
    Listener

Since we can save more than we earn, we are better off financially.

• minimus
    minimus

I asked this and didn’t want just USA although everyone is welcomed Just curious if overall, in whatever country we live in, are we doing better, worse or the same. I don’t think Trump being President is going to help someone’s finances in Australia

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    Just curious if overall, in whatever country we live in, are we doing better, worse or the same. I don’t think Trump being President is going to help someone’s finances in AustralIa

I am from Australia. Personally doing better. Aust economy has been growing at about 3% for quite some time. I think Aust now has the world record for the longest run of uninterrupted growth.

We are lucky. Our conservatives concentrate on boring but important stuff like trying to balance the budget.

The biggest economic problem in Aust at the moment is that our banks have been borrowing overseas heavily, to lend to Australians, so that they can buy and sell property to each other with property prices continually ratcheted up. This has been going on for decades, but I don’t think it can last much longer, and some people are going to lose money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit