Ladies....do you still talk to your ex's?

by logansrun 34 Replies latest social relationships

• Country Girl
    Country Girl
    Ladies....do you still talk to your ex's?

With my ex-husband, after I hog-tie him: loudly and with much force. =)

CG

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

It depends ... (ok I know this won't help) LOL

• Aztec
    Aztec

Some of my closest friends are men I've dated in the past. There is something to be said about being free and open with someone you've been intimately close to. Sometimes they know you best. My best friend is my buddy Jeff, an ex-Catholic who taught me many things. He's a really great guy.

~Aztec

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Nope ... we travel in completely different circles. He hangs with drug addicts and alcoholic women in another city ... I hang with my dance friends and positive-thinking friends ... Two totally different paths ...

I am friends with two of his sisters, though! They are great ladies!!!

ESTEE

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

My first husband, whom I loved very much, but who was disfunctional emotionally due to problems he had, committed suicide back in '84. AFter fourteen years of marriage, we had separated then and I was at the point where I was getting the divorce started. He was the "outsider" I married when I was a JW. We had one child together.

He was such a big part of my young life, and there were so many good and wonderful things about him. Those were the things I fell in love with. Alas, I could not endure continued abuse. I do speak to him quietly, as I am going to sleep or waking up, or while I'm driving or taking a walk, etc. If I have a special thought to share, etc., I speak to him as if he were still right here with me. He would be so proud of our son these days.

He is gone from us in the physical prescence, but I feel him around me all the time. It is very comforting. I think he is very pleased with the way I live my life in this form right now. He played a big part in the early foundations of my life. He didn't get to figure things out for himself because it was too painful, too complicated, so he chose death on his own terms. I think he is glad that I have learned to manage my life much better now.

/<

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

I had a very good friend/buddy relationship with my ex. But we always ended up having sex (which was the best part of our relationship), and I found it wasn't the most mentally healthy relationship, plus it kept me from moving on with my social life. I broke the tie with him, and since then I found I have more time to move on and perhaps find a healthier relationship with a more suitable and decent man.

I don't feel it's very healthy to maintain a friendship with an ex right after the break-up.....It wreaks havac on your mind. I do believe you could be friends again, after you both move on, and then reconnect.

• bisous
    bisous

Yep, on speaking terms and more with nearly all of my ex's. IMO, what would it say about my judgement if I couldn't....that I consistently pick creeps that I wouldn't want to talk to?

In fact, I maintain warm affection for most of them. Just because certain aspects of relationships don't make them a long-term 'match' (timing, relationship goals, communication styles or needs), doesn't make them unworthy of sustaining at a different level: lightweight friend, close friendship, occasional lover. They still possess all of the great qualities that attracted me to them in the 1st place.

to all the men I've loved before......hmm hmm hmm hmm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• codeblue
    codeblue

I quit talking to my "ex" when I found out he was going to our son's wedding with my Bible study on his arm. You see, he had cheated on me several times...he convinced me he had changed.

Like Dr. Phil said: "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior". (onces a scumbag--always a scumbag) I have no respect for people who show me "no respect".

That summed the "ex" up for all his worth...and my Bible Study, let's say she wanted my husband all along, she is probably the one who sent me an anonymous letter just before my EX left me.

Codeblue

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Not really. This is my first marriage, so my ex's are ex boyfriends. I do get a Christmas card from my exboyfriend's parents every year. I did get in touch with them when a old friend of their son was recently murdered in a robbery. And my ex JW boyfriend found me via the Internet last year and e-mails me occasionally!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    How would you feel if your former man asked you if you would like to resume the sexual relationship you once shared minus all the "boyfriend/girlfriend", "we are a couple" stuff?

Ya mean Ol' Crabby Pants? Hey! I didn't even fall for that burglar alarm he set off while I was in the tub in hopes that I'd jump out nekkid and go running thru the house "Eeking"!

I'd say, I hafta get tha gun!

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit