Ladies....do you still talk to your ex's?

by logansrun 34 Replies latest social relationships

• Xena
    Xena

lol brush up on the "bedside" manner Bradley

honestly though I didn't have a problem being intimate with my ex after we seperated, that is until I became involved with someone else. friends can be lovers and lovers can be friends, in my book anyway.

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies
    Ever been to Chicago? Plan to?

Alas, Bradley, no and no. Ever been to Seattle? Plan to?

• logansrun
    logansrun

And lovers can be enemies, Xena.

I've been to Seattle maybes. Two words: Space Needle.

Bradley

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

ex-husband

only if I could do this.

cj

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies
    Two words: Space Needle.

See, you can't be a prude while living in the shadow of such a massive phallic symbol. Ok, enough thread high-jacking, go back to your research

• Jade
    Jade

That would be a definite "NO" for me.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Here's something else for you to toss onto your "research". I pulled it from the Seduction Library (one of the best reads IMO). I couldn't have said this any better:

VII. Asking Foxes For Seduction Advice
    The problem with asking a Fox for seduction advice is that in doing so you have conveyed to her a very fatal seduction flaw. Foxes want men who know how to seduce them! They want to be led, captivated, and unless they are Teaching Foxes, they are going to place you in the loser file the moment you complain about failure. It is important to convey to Foxes at all times, nonverbally whenever possible, that you are knowledgeable and in control. Foxes gravitate to men who have other Foxes around them, even as friends, figuring that if other Foxes want him, there must be a good reason. The logic is flawed, but it is the flip side of the problem men who are alone have. If men without Foxes are seen as losers who cannot get laid, men with Foxes are seen as winners who can. If you convey that you know how to seduce Foxes and act like they aren't worth seducing, you are three-quarters of the way home. It takes only one moment of weakness for the entire confidence posture to fail. Should this happen, recover as quickly as possible, but damage control is very difficult, and usually not worth it. Foxes rarely forgive mistakes.

• sens
    sens
    How would you feel if your former man asked you if you would like to resume the sexual relationship you once shared minus all the "boyfriend/girlfriend",

Ive been asked a few times...it doesnt bother me at all...after all they are only human...and Im me after all.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I had a g/f once who I could not get along with under any circumstances, other than in the sack, where the sex was great. She eventually made the suggestion that we only get together for sex without any strings attached, and it worked out very well. If either of us felt like getting laid we just had to call the other and arrangements were made.

Walter

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I admire the hell out of people who can remain friends with their exes. My boyfriend is still on cordial terms with his ex-wife, but then she lives in another state, so it's easier; his ex-girlfriend in our town absolutely hates him, and vice-versa.

While I find it admirable, I've never been able to do it, not because I hate the guys-in fact, I feel a very deep affection for most of them. It just never works, is all. The conversations are too awkward, and the brothers I've dated would no doubt want nothing to do with a sinner like me at this point. So, warmest regards to all the boys I've loved before (Abel C., Tim E., David R., but not Julio!), and don't wait for my call.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit