How are they handling the memorial this year with the Coronavirus?

by Mandi 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Mandi
    Mandi

This is literally the dumbest thing ever. Wtf ever happened to meeting in small groups during the time of the great tribulation? Weren’t we literally preparing for this our entire lives??? lol

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

I heard about a single person who asked an elder "how should I go about passing the emblems? Pass the from left hand to right hand? Or?" and the elder told them to stand up and just walk around the table on which the emblems are placed.

Not unlike a Catholic procession or a witch circle lol...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Some hounders are going to deliver emblems to each family? Can I have mine without the coronavirus?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I will feel very silly sitting in front of my iPad with my pimi wife, zoomed in, during the memorial ritual this year. And of course, she insists that we have bread and wine sitting in front of us (wtf----- cult ritual). At least we won't have to go to the 'after memorial get-together' for cake and coffee!

just saying!

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

It's sad how JW look down on the traditions and rituals of other religions while they don't understand how much this wine and bread thing is a meaningless ritual according to their own theology.

• millie210
    millie210
    Anders Andersen

I heard about a single person who asked an elder "how should I go about passing the emblems? Pass the from left hand to right hand? Or?" and the elder told them to stand up and just walk around the table on which the emblems are placed.

Not unlike a Catholic procession or a witch circle lol...

You put your right foot in, you put your right foot out and you shake it all about. You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I think attendance at this years memorial is going to be a bit of a flop. I over heard my father say that they had 140 in attendance. Not good figures for a congregation of around 100 publishers. I would of thought it would of been the other way around with people been forced to stay at home.

• RolRod
    RolRod

Don't know about the JW's, but the Bible Students used the ZOOM app, getting bread and wine was not an issue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit