How are they handling the memorial this year with the Coronavirus?

by Mandi 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Mandi
    Mandi

Hi everyone! It’s Cognac. Couldn’t sign-in for some reason so I created a new account. How is everyone? Just was wondering what’s going on with the memorial this year cause my kids father wants to have them during that time.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello Cog, nice to see you, hope you are well.

Memorial is to be virtual this year, congs using Zoom to log in from home. Alternatively it will be on their website to watch... No K H meetings.... what a gas !

• alanv
    alanv

Does anyone know if its true the elders are taking bread and wine round to everyone's home before the event starts? And is this worldwide?

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

No emblems necessary if no one in the house is of the 'anointed' class.

• JWTom
    JWTom

There was a "recommendation" that people have emblems even if no one in house is partaking. According to an elder I know well, they were to tell everyone that emblems not necessary and the elder said it was just a recommendation....I told him the problem with recommendations is that the 80 year old JWs think that means you must do it.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

My mothers congregation have been delivering bread and wine to everyone. As we have been inactive for over 4 years, they haven't bothered to inform us how to attend or bring us the emblems. My mum called and made me promise to do the memorial and she left her house to deliver her emblems to us and she will share with another single sister.

The crazy thing about is firstly unless you are of the anointed you don't need them and secondly a few years back two of my family were in hospital on memorial night and when they asked what arrangements would be made for them, the elders said that changes had been made and unless you are of the anointed, if you couldn't make it to the memorial it was just bad luck.

So this mad rush to make bread and wine deliveries in a time when we are supposed to be limiting our contact and staying at home seems ridiculous.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

I'd suggest milk and cookies.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

It could be that he wants your kids to listen to the talk at his home.

• TheListener
    TheListener

some congregations are doing no emblems and some other congregations decided to have the elders deliver emblems to each family

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Perhaps https://www.instacart.com/ will deliver the bread and wine?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit