Any Art Lovers?

by Puternut 19 Replies latest jw friends

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

WOW ... Well I like your artwork !!! BRAVO !!!

• Puternut
    Puternut

Octavia, just can't seem to sit still. She wants to make sure I have EVERY angle of her. But I did one of her sister..........:P

• dustyb
    dustyb

damn you're a good artist. you can draw my g/f =D i like to doodle, but thats in class when i'm bored. i could send them to you, but its a waste of time because they're doodles, hehehehe.

• luna
    luna

Wow!

I'm nowhere NEAR as good as you, but here's my contribution:

I've been drawing forever.....Drew this for a friend of mine who's a huge Springsteen fan...

Luna

• Maverick
    Maverick

Nice work...wonderful subject matter! Maverick

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Absolutely effing stunning !!! I have a total appreciation for this stuff .. in fact I would love to do a photoshoot as kitty in poses like this -

Kitty

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Wow! Love your work! Are you faking it about being an elder? Hmmmm I'm beginning to wonder about you......

I have some hobbys. We have alot of land and it's full of trees. I like to peel the pine and balsam trees and make crafts. Log lamps and little tables. My latest one was a small balsam tree with it's root. I peeled it and it turned out so cool. My husband puts the electrical stuff in it. I'm not very good with that stuff. Anyway I guess you could call me a woodsy type person!

• codeblue
    codeblue

Puternut:

Wow...you are EXTREMELY talented...And even though I am a woman, I find your artwork very tastefully done...you bring out the best in "our curves"..lol

I was wondering the same: How the heck did you make an elder???? You must have a lot of liberal minded JW's where you live...

Mr. CB and I LOVE art work. We have a John Petrie and a Stephen Powers hanging in our house!!! (we purchased them thru the Wyland Gallery in San Francisco....they invited us out to dinner one night....That was awesome!!!) About to get the Terbush framed this week and up on our house!

My hobbies: photography (I love it!), play guitar/sing (I have also written 50 songs!) I have written a ton of poetry as well (guess that explains the "hopeless romantic thread" I started).

Codeblue

• Xandria
    Xandria

I like your artwork. Mine is a work in progress so to say.

X.

http://www.geocities.com/xandria29/ To view some other work.

I am working on other artwork. Had lots of time yesterday sitting in the waiting room.

X.

• Puternut
    Puternut

I have been getting some interesting responses on my work. Mostly good ones. But some of you are wondering how I could pull this off as an elder? Didn't God create the human form? To say it's bad or not appropriate is to say that we are having a different opinion that may rise above Him. God did a wonderful job on creating the man and woman, and it's like his other creation, as sight to be appreciated. Should we start clothing the animal kingdom as well?

But the WT, as always has an opinion about everything. But there was never an article that I could find that would be supported in the Bible on this subject. Yet many followed blindly what was being fed to them. And that was their mistake for missing out on something that the Creator gave us to appreciate. My whole family loved the art that I did. Even my kids had some favorite ones. The one thing I don't do, are the poses that are displayed in adult magazines. So there is a line that I will not cross.

Mind you also, that I am not from this country. I was born in the Netherlands and raised in the Caribbean. So my upbringing and perspective is quite different than people in the US or elsewhere. Nevertheless, it is only bad if you make it bad. There are many artists from of old that portrayed the human figure in the nude, and even the WT, appreciates this art.

So how was I still an elder while I was creating art? Many knew of my talents and several commisioned me to do either their wife, or together as a couple. Granted, due to the circumstances, I asked them, in behalf of others to be confidential about this, so as not to stumble some of the older ones. But I have done large pieces for individuals, to be displayed in their bedroom. I also have done sculpture in bronze and silver with the same themes.

What I found ironic, is that many in the congregation, subscribed to Victoria's Secret magazine, or Frederick's of Hollywood, and yet had a frown concerning my work. However I did not post my online galleries, until just before my df'ing. But I had quite a collection, that needed to be displayed publicly. I have been doing this all my life. And I was actually encouraged by several sisters to go online with my work.

But I had thought about that regardless of their prompting me. So here you have it. Enjoy !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit