Smelly WATCHTOWERS

by Zoos 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Zoos
    Zoos

In 1967 I had the misfortune of being born with a WATCHTOWER stuck in my ass. It took 45 years for me to realize, "HEY! There's a WATCHTOWER stuck in my ass!" When I finally yanked it out it was.... well, messy.

How long did it take you?

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I was 19. At least I've had time to get my life back.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I smelled a commercial fraud afoot back in 1976, was a born in so didn't have much choice, by 1980 I was gone quietly.

Ironically I left before the information that's available on the inter-net which clearly exposes this religious publishing house has conducted itself as conniving calculating commercialized fraud.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Finkelstein: I left before the information that's available on the inter-net which clearly exposes this religious publishing house

I have often wondered how you seasoned apostates did it without the wealth of information I had at my disposal in 2011.

• Zoos
    Zoos
    GrreatTeacher33 minutes ago
    I was 19. At least I've had time to get my life back.

I envy you. I feel like I got my life back but I'm also not blind to the robbery of so much.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Because something felt wrong. And public libraries. And university libraries. Card catalogs and everything.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Ah, Zoos, we posted at the same time. Even leaving at 19, I still feel the effects. It took me forever to get a Bachelor's degree, and I am still paying out the ass for it at age 45 and will continue doing so for the forseeable future. My goal is to get my student loans paid off before retirement.

• Zoos
    Zoos
    GrreatTeacher6 minutes ago: My goal is to get my student loans paid off before retirement.

Damn! That's messed up. LOL

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I have often wondered how you seasoned apostates did it without the wealth of information I had at my disposal in 2011.

Integrity mixed with some honest critical thinking.

After witnessing a few JWS suicides/deaths and other damage this religion was causing people, that too stirred up my investigation.

The WTS has been described as as luring web of deceit, that once someone engages into it they become aggressively exploited and manipulated by ever changing lies, orchestrated under a guise of power, control and money.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Nice metaphor Zoos.

It took me 8 years. Part of it may have been the fact that I wasn't born in and had an idea of what independence was like. However, I was 14 when I joined so it made a major impact on my life. It helped that I came in on my own volition; no family in the religion.

Fourteen to twenty one. My curiosity got me in; my curiosity got me out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit