Don't lie with a beast. Leviticus 20;15,16 and 18:23

by James Mixon 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Are we sure this is talking about a four-legged beast here.

If it were, God would not demand the death penalty for a dumb animal

with no reasoning power that was raped. Call it what you want but

if a man or women was having sex with a beast, the poor beast was raped.

Sound like JW's and the two witness rule. But the guy or woman would

definitely have some mental issues if they had sex with a beast in the present

of two witnesses. You get the impression there was a big problem at that time,

men and women raping animals. WTH...

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Perhaps the Bible writers didn't want anyone recognizing the animal and remembering, "That's the one that farmer Joshua fvcked!"

• Simon
    Simon

You're talking about a god that cursed all snakes because one was "possessed" by an advanced angelic creature in the garden of eden.

He seems to excel at lashing out and punishing the innocent (if you believe the stories)

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

God essentially saying, sure, I make other innocent things suffer for no

reason, but not you, you are different! You may be guilty of sin but you have

a soul! You suffer for a purpose! Well hot dog, lucky us.

• Simon
    Simon

Please refer to the posting guidelines - let's keep things smut free (posts removed)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Dont lie with a beast.

Always be honest with Ron Perlman.

'Cause he's a badass.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep, "do not lie with a beast", but if you are Lot, then it's ok to commit incest with your two daughters, and be recorded in the bible as an exemplary person!??!!

• Mephis
    Mephis
    Mindful of Simon's caution above.

Bestiality is attested to in Egyptian and Greek sources, which would be two major cultural influences for the Jews when things were being written down, and there's even depictions of it from Egypt too. Some debate over how far things did go, as opposed to them being symbolic, but it's not a stretch to imagine it being something which did happen and therefore the commandments addressing that.
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

I think it has to do with the age of consent.

Here in the USA, it is 18 years old. I know in some parts of Europe, it is 16 years. Perhaps in Biblical times, it was reduced.

I guess it comes down to the age and reasoning ability once the animal has reached the age to think for itself.

Rub a Dub

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ RubADub...

Shithead...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit