Don't lie with a beast. Leviticus 20;15,16 and 18:23

by James Mixon 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    the guy or woman would

definitely have some mental issues if they had sex with a beast in the present

of two witnesses

If you're gonna have sex with animals, you may as well push the boat out ...

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    ive layed a few mares in my time
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

LoveUni: Like this guy in Syracuse "Man charged with filming sex with

cows wanted again by police". Should the man be put to death?

No , the guy have some problems. Keller said, "the guy had a fascination with

farms and manure apparently".

The point I was trying to make, God's laws vs man's laws. I'm sure when these

laws were made there were folks that were a few cents short of a dollar. God's

law, put them to death, man's law they guy needs help.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@James Mixon - don't worry about my last post, it was just another attempt at humour.

Should the man be put to death? - No. He should be given a long prison sentence and be banned from going anywhere near children or animals.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

LoveUn: It's hard not to make fun of this subject and discuss it with a straight face, I

understand...

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

man's law they guy needs help - he still needs to be punished. Bestiality is obviously illegal.

Generally, I get what you're saying and agree with you. Killing people is an inhumane punishment and therefore unacceptable; incarcerating people is a humane punishment - therefore acceptable.

The OT is a violent, horrible tome about a violent, horrible time. It doesn't deserve anything more than passing attention, IMO.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    The Talmud interpreted the Genesis story as Adam having had intercourse with all the animals, finding no pleasure in it, until Yahweh made a proper 'helper' for him. Genesis. Rabbah 17.4; Babylonian Talmud Yebamot 63a. My point is that the Jewish Rabbinic mind on the matter wasn't that there was something intrinsically perverted about the practice but that it countered the perceived evident structure of the world. The same word sheqets (taboo) is used to describe eating animals that look like a fish but lacks scales or looks like a cud chewer but isn't. Or for a man to were a woman's clothes etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit