by David_Jay 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dogon
    dogon

When were they interesting?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Have Jehovah's Witnesses Become Boring?

They have always been boring.

It`s the same old WBT$ Crap you`ve heard 1,000 times before, at every meeting.

"BLAH-Blah-blah and Blah-blah!"

Image result for Jehovahs witness meetingImage result for stop needless noise

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

As far as I'm concerned its not they who are relevant but their web of deceit that continues to entrap new unsuspecting ones every single day. Black widows that they are,their web is still deadly -though rendered ineffective for those of us who are out - nay lethal for 8+million who are still in. More so for those countries where the web isn't available or affordable and where the population is susceptible to their poison. Thats where they are at present.

Here in the states the foreign language congregations are getting the most growth. The refugees and immigrants are being targeted big time by these guys. In particular the Arabic, Russian, Tagalog, Hindi, to name just four , are morphing into congregations from just being small groups a few years ago. Consequently expanding into two or more congregations in just four years.I'm talking about the greater Los Angeles area.

Boring as the religion may seem to have become- I agree on this - they are as venomous as as ever to all unsuspecting ones.

• cobweb
    cobweb

yeah I agree. The most popular threads on this board now seem to be politics related but they seem largely pointless because everyone is convinced they are right and can't understand why others can't see it and the pages go on and on forever without progress.

I think I know why you wrote this:

So we're left with taking our anger out on one another sometimes, biting and backbiting others we should be supporting after leaving the Witnesses, never stopping to realize that the people we should be arguing with are not each other but with the Witnesses.

I think its probably JWs who have become athiests like me who are more guilty of this. This board should be accepting of other people's beliefs and try to be respectful of them but because many posters are in the process of recovering from having the wool pulled over their eyes and are embracing a new zeal for scientific rationality, their anger can be directed toward belief in general and want to challenge and tear it down. Advocating any belief system with too much enthusiasm can be like a red flag to a bull to some on this board. I understand this - it is a very human reaction under the circumstances, but its unfortunate for those who do want to explore new spiritual paths, and it would be better if they could do so without having to be so defensive about it.

• steve2
    steve2

Can something than was boring become ever more boring?

Definitely: JW organization is boringer than before.

Yes, at least in in earlier decades there was some sense of studiousness, urgency and direction.

• sparky1
    sparky1

" I used to say that Jehovah's Witnesses were the thinkingest people on the planet. After further consideration, I have concluded that we are now the boringest people on the planet."

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

Thanks for the comments. If there are others out there, please feel free to add your words.

Now I don't consider anyone here boring or the discussions we engage in as such. Neither do I have regrets for taking a part in this community. It was just I was noticing that there seems to be less and less about the Witnesses that we were discussing as time has passed.

I went back several years on this site and compared it with other sites in the exJW community. I saw a similar pattern in these others too. There's less and less to talk about regarding them. Why? It's that the Witnesses are just becoming more and more of nothing than they ever were.

Again, if it were not for the Governing Body making the religion all about themselves and making themselves the stars of the own streaming station (they could have used YouTube if they really wanted to save money and reach more people by the way, maybe), what would we be writing about? Even their buffoonery has now become boring.

Nothing is happening...except for people getting old and dying off, people who believed they never would.

Any Witnesses out there who are reading this: The end is not just around the corner. It never was. You will die in your religion. Your children will bury you. And if they follow in your footsteps, then they too will die in your religion with their children burying them. And nothing you preach or they preach or believe in will ever happen. You are wasting your lives. Get out and get your family out today or this is the legacy you will leave your children: a wasted life in a boring religion where they will have to bury you and their children will have to bury them.

• DisArmed
    DisArmed

"There's nothing really else to talk about." - David_Jay

No truer words...very well written OP...it's over...move forward!

• steve2
    steve2

Maybe irrelevant is the appropriate word.

Can't they be both boring and irrelevant?

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    I went back several years on this site and compared it with other sites in the exJW community. I saw a similar pattern in these others too. There's less and less to talk about regarding them. Why? It's that the Witnesses are just becoming more and more of nothing than they ever were.

There is less and less talk about JW's now compared to several years ago on this forum. This is also because some of the great posters who posted on this site years ago are no longer there. You had Ex-DO, Ex-Gilead Missionaries, Ex-translators, Ex-Bethel Members etc here, who posted some great stuff and engaged in constructive debate.

You are wasting your lives. Get out and get your family out today or this is the legacy you will leave your children: a wasted life in a boring religion where they will have to bury you and their children will have to bury them.

This is pretty much true for all religions, including Judaism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit