Watchtower Teachings That Don't Make Sense

by Vanderhoven7 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

Oooh, how about this one:

The "7 trumpets of Revelation" were 7 utterly forgotten Bible Student conventions in the 1920s.

I always got a kick out of imagining the face of author of Revelation, resurrected after centuries, upon learning that his fantastical fire-and brimstone visions in psychedelic technicolor.....

....were taught to be symbolic of events that were so mundane & dull that probably the people who attended the dang things probably forgot all about them on the ride home.

Imagine his crestfallen face..."so what did my vision of the 7 trumpets mean? Angelic war cries? God himself speaking from heaven? Celestial fireworks? What's that? They were conventions? All that fire and fury in my visions, and it just represented boring speeches by idiots? That's it???"

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hey quit hyjacking my thread guys.

😎

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Itchy, what would you think if i claimed to be my own father and my own brother?

Honestly now, would you believe me?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I always scratched my head when they said, "be careful not to stumble anyone because their blood will be on you" while at the same time telling us that "no one can stumble you if you are righteously inclined" and "they went out because they were not of our sort". How the hell did they get in? Such duplicity.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Jehovah draws ones into the truth. This one makes no sense to me as a pretty much born in. If you were a born in you are not drawn in you are dragged in by your parents.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

U the Trinity is not the gospel. There are many people who believe the Trinity who are not saved. The doctrine of the Trinity which is not uniform by the way, is derived from scripture but refracted through the mind of theologians. What saves is a relationship with Jesus Christ, a personal knowing of Father and Son revealed by the Spirit of God. He who has the Son has life.

When I was a university student we invited a Trinitarian Christian club president Ramond to address our Bible student assembly on the Trinity. He taught us from scripture and the creeds explaining that we could not be saved if we did not believe the Trinity. After the study while driving him home my brother asked Ramond when he came to believe the Trinity. Without batting an eye, Raymond, a Jewish convert replied that he did not even hear about the Trinity until a year after he was saved. Needless to say we all had a good laugh.

Raymond was saved when he first was convicted of his sin and trusted Jesus to be his Saviour. One is not saved by understanding the internal relationships of members of the Godhead but by calling out to Jesus for His deliverance from sin; in other words treating Jesus as God.

Excuse the typos as I'm sending this from my cell.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Vanderhoven7 - "Watchtower teachings that don't make sense..."

Honestly, dude, I really don't think we have enough server space. :smirk:

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    - storing blood... when JWs allow their blood to be stored in tubes for testing but will not allow blood to be stored otherwise.

So all the blood fractions that JWs will use, how did they come to be? Did they magically appear, or did they come from someone else's blood who gave it and had it stored and had it separated and had it stored?
    Seems like maybe those fractions were improperly used, they forgot to pour them on the ground.

How stupid was I to not figure that BS out years ago?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Sir82...yes that's good nonsense.

l. Claim: that the "7 trumpets of Revelation chapters 8 - 11" were 7 talks given at Bible Student conventions in the 1920s.

I'll add

j. claim: Although Jesus said no man knows the hour, JWs have been trying to prove him a liar for over 100 years.

k. claim: Although Jesus commanded Christians to partake of the emblems of His death, 99% of JWs are not to obey this instruction.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

l. Claim: that they care about children who are sexually abused by members, yet will do nothing to protect them from these pedophiles unless there are two or more witnesses to the abuse.

m. Claim: that they care about justice for pedophiles while encouraging parents of abused children not to report matters to police unless required by law...showing they are more interested in protecting the image of the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit