Royal Australian Commission - Recomendations for Jehovahs Witnesses

by curiousconfused 52 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I agree with most posters here. I thought the ARC would of had a greater impact on the JWS. Unfortunatley it hasn't. In this country that has very close ties with australia, nothing has been said (or at least that I am aware of) of the ARC. In discussions about this with my father he puts this down to human imperfection and happening every where, and I guess to a point he is correct. What he fails to see is an organisation that policies added to the problem and is stubbornly refusing to change.

Unless the royal commision gets the legal bite to spell out best practice, and implement some serious consequences for not doing so (e.g charity status) then it will be business as usual. Can you see the catholic church implementing a change on priest celebecy. I can' either.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Recommendations to the Jehovah’s Witness organisation

Recommendation 16.27

The Jehovah’s Witness organisation should abandon its application of the two-witness rule in cases involving complaints of child sexual ab

.Well now we know why the video emphatically stating, "We will NEVER abandon the two witness rule."

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

definition of a Royal Commission; "A iron fist in a velvet glove".

• OzGirl
    OzGirl

In November 2012, Prime Minister Julia Guillard said that the ARC was about to start..

All Australian charities and non-profit organisations were required by law to register with the ACNC in December 2012. The ACNC is the Australian Charity and NonProfit Organisation Registry.

I'm waiting to hear what the ACNC is gonna say.

• cofty
    cofty

A Royal Commission of Inquiry is a serious business. It acts on behalf of the Queen and its findings and recommendations must be taken seriously by the Government of Australia. It's what happens next that matters. This is a good time for Australians to lobby their political representatives.

• Newly Enlightened
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

So far it dosent seem particularly serious at all. some action would lend credence your claims of seriousness. I’ll be waiting right here for that along with the collapse of the org slim predicts. They will both happen around the same time.

• zeb
    zeb

Check the above video at 4.05 for jw. and the lady is right they have (been allowed to) 'slip under the radar'.

• zeb
    zeb

Please fellow posters keep this matter under one heading. I and others may wish to print it out for referral and its a lot easier if its under the one heading thankyou.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Print it out for referal? What in the world does that mean?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit