Blind Date.......Who's been on one? How'd it go?.......

by ScoobySnax 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

Generally they're a bad idea. No one know what you want in a person. And if you or the other person do not pass the physical attraction test then the whole thing is just painful! I hated them and along with computer coffee dates have yet to meet anyone I would even want to spend 20 minutes with let alone a lifetime!

I think blind dates are great...........if you are blind! Maverick

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Aaaah yes blind dates. This is where you go out and your dates thinks you are so desperate for a date that you'll date anyone and be so grateful that you'll put out in the first 15 minutes. They are the best thing going.

A group date is better, get to know someone in the safety of friends.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Stacy and Maverick......you not heard of webcams???? Ahhhhhhh thats the beauty of modern benifit of "modern blind dates".....you get to view the goods.

• freelife
    freelife

My best friend and my fiancee's mom hooked us up. As we both look back on things we both knew on the first date that we could have somthing special. We are now going to get married on May 1.

Clint

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I somehow reckon that even if mine works out ok, we won't be having any kids though.......

Too much information, Scoob! LOL

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Ummm... I have.

We were not JWs (that came later)

A mutual friend introduced us.

I guess you could say it went OK...

...he asked me to marry him the next night. (yes really)

....we got married 3 1/2 months later. (yes really)

...and we're still married. And even living together. And we're mostly still speaking to each other. (although he is occasionally the biggest pain in the butt I know)

NOTE: IN NO WAY DO I RECOMMEND THIS COURSE OF CONDUCT!!!

but you asked...

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

OK .....I don't think now I got a thing to worry about.

.....Or have I....?

wtf.......i'M GONNA GO FOR IT!!

• Sassy
    Sassy

does blind date mean you were set up by someone else? I forget..

Ahhhhhhh thats the beauty of modern benifit of "modern blind dates".....you get to view the goods.
    now meeting someone I met on the net.........including got to know on cam.. yeah.. I've done that
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

In my experience, nothing good has ever come from a blind date.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Blind dates can be fun if you are just hoping to be have a good time and if something better happens, hey!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit