Blind Date.......Who's been on one? How'd it go?.......

by ScoobySnax 31 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I need to know. Preferably before this coming Saturday at 7:30 pm.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, once. It was the pits. Of course, it was a JW date and all they have to be is baptized and breathing to be a "catch."

Blondie

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Scoobs, I've been on two before I got into a relationship.

Both times the date itself was enjoyable, but there was no "connection". I went on the date to just have fun and see what happens. No pressure - no deep "conversations", just kept it fun and upbeat (even though the guys weren't my "cup of tea").

I work with a lady who was set up on a blind date and she landed up married to the guy.

Best of luck you ole' dawg...

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Cheers Blondie.......my confidence is soaring now!

BTW ....this is NO jw date.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Blondie LOL - you brought back a memory!

My sis and myself were at a convention with a group of "young ones" (love that saying). A br. & sis. were set up by their families and came out with us on their "blind date". They sat across from me & my sis and we could hardly contain ourselves. It was the most pathetic date I'd ever seen. She had brought family pics (from childhood up) to show him and all she talked about was what a great wife she'd make and how spiritual she was. He look like he wanted to bolt. She was about 26. An old maid in JW land.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Scoobs, if this is of any help.

I went to a sports bar on both blind dates. There's music, beer, appies, pool tables, darts, etc. It was a great place to have fun without feeling pressured.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Tash.... LOL ....same here, I'm just going like its for a beer........we've both agreed that. But the expectations are already building.......what if........ and what if.......... etc etc! Can't believe I'm putting myself through this, its hell, and its only Wednesday night!

• Puternut
    Puternut

I've been on several. And they were a blast. Just be yourself and don't expect anything. That way 'whatever' happens is a surprize.

Have fun

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

I went on a blind date once. Well, to be honest, I didn't know it was a blind date--I thought I was just going to dinner with some friends, and they were also bringing another friend of theirs along...

Nearly 10 years and 2 kids later, I'd say it worked out pretty well.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Fantastic Sara!!!......pleased for you. I somehow reckon that even if mine works out ok, we won't be having any kids though.......

Puternut.....Good advice. Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit