Connect the dots: Cut the baby in half

by OrphanCrow 15 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

*thanks to Bubba on reddit for the heads up this uplifting children's activity

What is the purpose of this activity? What is the message? What will children be encouraged to think about when they connect these dots?

How many nightmares will this image instill in the minds of the children who connect these dots? What are the dots being connected in the children's brains?

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

First the wife of lot as a pillar of salt, and now "whack" the kid.

I'm waiting for a connect the dots to see the Governing Body in Action.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I'm waiting for them to come out with pop-up children's book. That would be a hoot.

• sir82
    sir82

Maybe for the next connect-the-dots, they can show drunken Lot having his way with his 2 daughters.

Or maybe the guy hacking up the dead prostitute and sending the pieces to the 12 tribes of Israel.

Oh! I know! The image of Jesus riding his horse thru a river of blood.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

FWIW here's the finished picture, with the dots joined up.....

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/246615/_post/4665522

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

As with anything, this Bible story has some unclear origins:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgment_of_Solomon

I have also read an assertion that it was a political parable, spread by Solomon himself. The two women represent Adonijah (the "real mother", the true successor to the throne by birthright) and Solomon (the false mother, the false successor to the throne). The baby represented the kingom of Israel.
    Basically, the story states that Solomon would be willing to split the kingdom in two, in order to keep the throne. And that is why, when the nation heard the story, they "Trembled" at hearing it.
    And of course, when Solly died, and his son took over, the kingdom DID split up.

This entire Saul/David/Solomon story reads like the frickin' Godfather saga, doesn't it!?

• Captain Schmideo2
  • steve2
    steve2

What about a connect the dots on a picture of the unfortunate couple (recorded somewhere in the Hebrew Scriptures/Old Testament) having illicit sex and some person or angel (I should remember which) in one fell blow stabs the man and the women in the genitals and they are instantly killed.

• charonsdog
    charonsdog

Steve....that was Phinehas taking a lance and pierces Zimri through the head and the Midianitess Cozbi in the naughty bits. With one stab? How is this possible? Would make an EXCELLENT connect-the-dots!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Quite insulting to the other woman that she will stand by and watch the baby cut in half rather than give it up to the real mother. More Old Testament misogyny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit