Window Washers

by Nikki collins 21 Replies latest social humour

• Giordano
    Giordano

The other Witness ready job........ no experience needed........ was house painting. Usually exteriors. I remember when I was pioneering my income came from house painting.

I did this brother's house...... it was in terrible condition and called for a lot of exterior scraping.

Got it cleaned up and put the first coat on . Got ready to do the final coat of paint when the brother nixed it. "No need for the second coat....Armageddon is coming!" This was in the early 1960's. You really had to embrace the crazy to be a JW. They bull dozed the house down 10 years later.

Talking about crazy. Your in the hospital deciding if you should allow for a blood transfusion when you go under the knife. Two brothers from the hospital liaison committee show up to 'encourage' you to risk death and avoid getting a BT.

A couple of days later they are outside your hospital room washing the windows.

There's your crazy.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

We know a married pio couple who are window cleaners/washers and can take off on foreign holidays up to 4 times a year. They must have a fortune to travel from the UK to Canada, to Turkey, Greece, and the Americas.

If the average publisher makes it to the seaside once or twice a year they think they're doing well.

Not judging, just saying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit