It's -34, and I'm shoveling snow!

by Nosferatu 15 Replies latest jw friends

• shera
    shera

Good gawd!,feels like -50!!!!! Here is a warm *hugs* for you.

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Wow! Glad I'm not the only one thats got cold weather! We had -24 this morning with -56 windchill. They kept school going tho. I drive a school bus and everytime I open the door, all the cold air rushes up on my legs! All the kids were bundled up so much that I couldn't even see their faces! Probably just as well, they're all crabby in the morning. Oh! And Duluth got 2 feet of snow the last couple of days! Am I complaining?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Strawberry! You're a bus driver???????? I work for the Board of Ed., in Transportation! I talk with our bus drivers all the time! We even have a CB radio in the office to keep in touch with the drivers, ya know worried parents, lost children, etc.................Our Superintendent is a close neighbor of yours............she's from Kinosha, WI. She has absolutely NO pity for snow and cold. Last year we had parents calling and screaming about her not cancelling school when the whole state did! LOL! This year it's been better............she cancelled school today, and a week ago when we had subzero weather. The kids down here are not used to this kind of cold.

Terri

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

That's horrible.
    lowest temperature I remember is -14 C. and it feels always much colder due to the humidity and the wind.
    When on Spitsbergen - it was +5 (summer).

Can only say take the advise to use thermal underware a.s.o.

• dothemath
    dothemath

It's pretty frosty here too, Nosferatu......-40 last night..........colder if you add in the wind chill. But, you know what they say about the Prairies......."it's only a dry cold".

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Brrrrrrr!!!! Sooooo sorry Nos!!!

That's why I moved off the prairies ... and into Vancouver!!!

It's drizzling lightly here today and I went for a nice walk with my umbrella. I enjoy walking in a gentle rain!

Have a hot coffee on me ... I feel for ya, Nos!!!

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit