Is This Winter Harsh Where You Live?

by shamus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

It hasn't been too bad here in the Rocky mountains....the past two weeks have been pretty chilly in the 20's-30's and a snow storm Monday....but the weather in Colorado is wierd...we can go through three seasons in one day here.

• Waymores Ghost
    Waymores Ghost

Hi, from Camrose AB. It's not too bad...it's supposed to warm up to -29 today ;-)

Wg

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Hey Waymores Ghost. Do you know Mike from Canmore?

• shamus
    shamus

I MET MIKE FROM CANMORE.

He is a real person who cleans beer lines for a living.

So suck eggs all of you! Mike is a real person, so suck eggs! I rock!

Hey, where is the lodge? That was pretty cooll...lol!

• r51785
    r51785

It's been extremely cold here this winter. This morning at 6:30 the thermometer read 45 degrees. I don't know if it will make it to 70 today. Tomorrow I am supposed to play golf. I sure hope it warms up.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Our winter is much colder and wetter than last winter. Last year I don't think we had too many days under 40 degrees.

This year we have had some bitter cold, unusual for the Pacific Northwest and some snow. We still have at least one more month of snow possiblilities, but the rain seems endless.

I knew we were awfully spoiled last year. The ski resorts are doing great though.

• waiting
    waiting

checking in from South Carolina. It was 60 last Saturday & sunny.

Sunday it rained & 50.

Ice storm Sunday night & 28.

Ice storm Monday & 28 & no power. No one on roads.

Tuesday, iced in, 28 & power back on. No one on roads - except those having to work & idiots.

Wednesday, 45 & back to work.

By Saturday? 60 degrees again...but rain. Welcome SC weather again.

We've had it easy compared to our friends in Yankeeland.

((((((((((((((Yankees))))))))))))))))))))

• morty
    morty

Sunnygal,

I cannot believe that parents are so quick to sue there...I am in Canada, and I guess maybe our system is a little diffrent then yours....I myself am a school bus driver so I know how quick they choose to cancell buses when there is a flake falling on the ground...here, where I am, it is not the schools that decide whether the buses are cancelled or not, it is the owner of the bus transportion...( I can count on one hand how many times our public school has closed for the day)What I donot understand is, we live in a small town but my children are not bused in, they walk....If the buses are cancelled then the in town kids still have to go....This troubles me because all they do is watch movies and play outside...(this is for the public school) has for my other son, who is in high school, they just cancell school period, if there is any bus delays then they just donot have any classes....I made the choice to keep my kids home this last week because of the awfull weather this week...sidewalks and stuff were all ice rinks,and it would have taken them hours to walk through the squalls/ice pellets we have been having....I just think that if the parents there in the States are so concerned about buses going or not going, then maybe they should be the ones that have to drive that bus or drive their children to school themselfs...I understand where your coming from though, it is all about our kids being SAFE on there way to school.....

Morty

• shamus
    shamus

Wheras some may envy persons who live in Cali, I, do not.

There is something incredible about winter with it's beauty, and the summertime when you climb large mountains on monstrous glaciers while the temperature is 30 degrees celcius.

In fact, I pity those who live in low, drab valleys. So ha ha!

• Waymores Ghost
    Waymores Ghost

Midwinter Prarie Night

The old man from Siberia once again is at our door,

and his numb, icy fingers reach out and knock, whilst a pale crimson sky tells us we must let him in.

And let him in we will, for everyone must feel his cold, cold grip.

But we are not dismayed, because we know that morning will bring us another celebration.

So we relish these visits from the old man, for as the first lights of dawn make their way across the frozen prarie sky, with the smell of coffee brewing, we realize another victory against the old man.

Just as every time before.

Wg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit