Is This Winter Harsh Where You Live?

by shamus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus

Our winter this year has been very strange.

It was very warm originally, then lots of snow... we had a really nice spell here, and now WHAM! We're right in the middle of winter hell in the mountains, LOL! I mean seriously.... in Jasper tomorrow, the temp is supposed to be -31 celcius for a high. -31!!!!! The windchill is -51!

No, I don't think that I'll be going skiing tomorrow. It is really brutally cold here, and we're expecting 10-15 cms of snow. The mountains are getting triple that.... (to the west, that is)...

Tell me some of your stories tonight, to keep me company. I feel like I live in the arctic here; no kidding.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Hello Shamus, my fellow arctic dweller.

It is going down to -39 here tonight, but not much wind, than goodness. I think I'm curling up with a cup of tea and a good book.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

You're not alone Shamus. Tomorrow's high (here) is supposed to be -29. It's snowing yet again. I'm surprised they haven't run out of room to put it all. They've been plowing down some of the snowbanks on the main drags because they're getting too high (can't see around corners). I'm surprised I haven't smashed into another car yet.

Our stupid mayor spend thousands of dollars building a new pedestrian bridge across the red river, then spend even more thousands of dollars building a big penis on it (see picture) when those thousands of dollars could be spent on snow removal.

Apparently, it's supposed to be a toilet.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's warmed up here, to -13. It was like -20, earlier. Freezing our butts in montreal. Hope you got lots of berries and weed stored up in your igloo, shamus. Have a hot tea

SS

• shamus
    shamus

LOL, SS! Oh yeah, I got both.

I think I'm having some pocorn, herbal tea, some smoke and watch trashy television tonight. When there's nothing else to do, what the hell.

This is the only time that I miss cable. I bet there's something really good on showcase right now...

Hey, Concerned Momma, I saw on the news (live) in that place that you live.. (you know) that water freezes before it hits the ground, LOL! Apperantly people are doing it everywhere... it's too funny.

This winter has suddenly turned out to be really really bad.

• morty
    morty

Well, where I am Shamus, The kids have been home since last wed from school,due to snow, snow,snow and did I mention more snow?....We have had ice/snow pellets all night and day.....

The kids were using the side walks as skating rinks......We are expecting more snow over night and low temps as well...

It has been one hell of a winter, I will agree with that....In fact, our house is starting to look like the outside of a igloo...

Welcome to Canada!!! ....The only ones happy about this weather right now are the kids....When will it ever end?????

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

It does seem pretty harsh, now that you mention it. 2 weeks ago I came across a pigeon in a doorway that was so cold, he could not even fly away. He looked completely dumbstruck. I tucked him into my jacket for a few minutes, and he was recovered enough to fly away, but that was a first for me. In Maine, we have had bitter cold, lots of wind, and only like two real snowstorms.

You try to stay warm up there in the Arctic, ok? Try to focus on how close spring is. It is on it's way, honest.

• shamus
    shamus

I was just musing about what you said, Insomniac. How it's been rotten all over the nation; from east to west. It is very unusual to have it spread across the country... In Canada, the west coast is getting it from Hope to Ottawa, I think... it is very strange to have so many areas cold and snowy at once.

• smack
    smack

I've just spent 2 weeks in Brisneyland. Coldest it got was +32c. Be glad to get back to Hobart and some decent cool weather

Steve

• garybuss
    garybuss

Cold and snow here. I had two below this morning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit