I Am a Published Novelist !!

by SanFranciscoJim 47 Replies latest jw friends

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Hi Everyone,

As many of you know, last year I wrote a science fiction novel. This past weekend, the fulfillment of a dream I've had for many years came to be a reality. My novel has been released!

The book is called "Squares, Triangles, and Saucers", and is about a young man who is kidnapped by aliens out of Bermuda airspace while he is flying to the Virgin Islands on his way to commit suicide.

Since a lot of the participants on this board asked how they could obtain a copy of the book, I PMed Simon today & asked him if it was OK to post a link to where you can get it. He said yes, so here it is:

To get an autographed copy, you can order one from my personal website (I'll ship them worldwide): http://www.rationallunacy.com/write/scifi.html

Or, if you'd prefer to order it direct from the publisher (they only accept orders from the USA, I'm afraid): http://www.llumina.com/store/squares.htm

To all of you who PMed me your encouragement and suggestions, I want to say a hearty "Thank You!". I've already gotten several bookstores interested in signing sessions, and may be doing quite a bit of travelling promoting the book over the next few months. Will I make it to the New York Times bestseller list? Well, hey......who knows? All I can tell you is that it is absolutely exhilirating to be able to hold a novel in my hand with my own name on the cover!

Thanks again to all of you who encouraged me!

• Enishi
    Enishi

Congradulations.

I'll be sure to purchase a copy. :)

I've been working on a novel myself for some time, a fantasy story heavily influenced by my painful experiences within the borg. Eventually I plan to send it out and find an agent.

Did you have to send it to a lot of agents/publishers before someone accepted your novel?

• blondie
    blondie

Congratulations. I too will be adding it to my library, Jim.

Blondie

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

That's just plumb fantastic news, SFJ! Can't wait to order signed copy from your website and read it! Let us know if your book-signing brings you to Texas, will ya?

Congratulations!

Frannie B

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

YOU ARE LIVING ONE OF MY DREAMS, BABY!!!
    Good for you!
    =) I will check it out in the near future....send me a PM if you make it to the Dallas area for a book signing

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Wow! That's fantastic! Congratulations!

SNG

• shamus
    shamus

CONGRATS, SF JIM!!!

Now you can go back to the witnesses and get re-instated, so you can get re-disfellowshipped on your 25th anniversary!

• alias
    alias

Super, Jim. Congratulations!

This is a remarkable moment for you!

alias

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    Did you have to send it to a lot of agents/publishers before someone accepted your novel?

No, actually an exJW friend of mine in Seattle got her book published a couple of years ago and recommended her publisher to me.

Let us know if your book-signing brings you to Texas, will ya?

I'll travel just about anywhere for a book signing. If you or anyone else knows of a bookstore that might be interested in my making an appearance, please put them in touch with me. I'm not working right now, so my schedule is wide open!

I'd even love to come to Europe for some signings. It would be the perfect excuse for me to take a transatlantic crossing on the new Queen Mary!

• pamkw
    pamkw

I am so happy for you. That is also one of my dreams. I can't wait to get to read you book.

Congrats.

Pam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit