I Am a Published Novelist !!

by SanFranciscoJim 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Fantastic Jim! How does it feel to be published?

I'm so happy for you.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Congrats JIM !!!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Awesome!! And the story has what sounds like an intriguing premise....will it be in a Barnes and Noble near me? I am going to write a novel too one of these days, I have been nursing over the story idea in my mind for a long time -- just waiting until I have enough time and for the story to fully mature, since it's kind of an "epic" type story (but "based-on-a-true-story" type of story).

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Congratulations!

Guest 77

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

WOOHOOO!!!! Congrats

• Valis
    Valis

That's great Jim! Congrats!...Between you, Lady lee, and ThunderRider we'll have our own bookstore soon...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• franklin J
    franklin J

congratulations, Jim!

It is always good to hear such good news! When you go on your promotional book signing tour and come to Huntington NY area book stores, Barnes and Noble and Book Revue; please let me know and I will get a crowe together for the signing,

regards, Frank

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Wow! What a wonderful response! I've already heard from people all over the world interested in my book, and just received an order overnight from Johannesburg, South Africa, so I am truly getting international coverage. This is an amazing experience! Now, to answer your questions and comments:

Mouthy wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS JIM!!!!! IF YOU COME TO CANADA _LET US KNOW

One of the places that figures prominently in the book is Nova Scotia (go figure!! ), so yes, I'm sure I'll have some Canadian destinations on my book signing tour. I'll be sure and let you know if I'm coming your way.

Nosferatu wrote:

I've got 2 questions for you:
    1) If this ever gets turned into a movie, can I do the soundtrack? ;)
    2) Can I put up a link on my website to your book?

First of all, Nos, thanks for your interest in getting me set up with a book signing. It woulds be great to meet you. Can I bring a few Nigerian scammers along with me? (Just kidding!) To answer your questions:

1. I do have some Hollywood "connections", and hope to eventually develop some interest in turning this into a screenplay. I recently received a private endorsement from an actor on a sci-fi show, but I can't say just yet who it is, because he hasn't given me permission to use his name publicly in connection with the book.
    2. Yes, absolutely please put a link on your website! If you want, I have a 468x60 banner I can email you. Let me know.

cruzanheart wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Hope this is a beginning of a brand new life for you!

These past few years have been very difficult for me as you (and many others on the board) know. I can only hope that this marks the beginning of a turn-around for me.

Big Tex wrote:

Fantastic Jim! How does it feel to be published?

Well, the feeling is difficult to describe. (Hey! I'm a writer! I shouldn't be saying that! ) If I had to describe it in one word, I think the word would be "satisfaction". I surely don't expect to become the next Stephen King or Anne Rice, but knowing that others out there are reading, and hopefully enjoying, my work will spur me on to writing more novels, two of which I have in work.

Leolaia wrote:

And the story has what sounds like an intriguing premise....will it be in a Barnes and Noble near me?
    The book is listed in the Ingram catalog, where Barnes and Noble as well as other major retailers order from. It will be up to the company if they want to stock the book. Of course, since it's listed in the Ingram catalog, any bookstore can always special-order it if it isn't stocked. Word of mouth is an important facet to the writing world. If you like the book, please encourage your local bookstore to stock it!
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel

A Star is Born. What wonderful news. This is big....really. Do you know how many people write books/novels, scripts, only to have them turned down over and over?

I have an over-active imagination I'm told, and have always enjoyed expressing myself. Someday, after I retire, I just might try to complete a novel. It must be lots of hard work. How long did it take you, and how much did you write, before you finally got accepted? Just wondering.

Celebrate!!!

/<

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

Congratulations Jim!!! I enjoy reading science fiction, this book sounds wonderful. I defiantly will be ordering one from you.

Hapgood

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit