It's official: JW celeb Nicolas King publicly out

by neat blue dog 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

Oh dear. Another embarrassment for the WT org. If they didn't notice (or turned a blind eye to) the signs of the way Mr King was leaning before, they're unmistakable now!

As I said in other posts, this (and AMIII's 'disappearance' too) are examples of the problem the org has created for itself by giving 'favoured' individuals high profiles in their videos, dramas and televangelist JW Broadcasting channel. If said individuals turn apostate or otherwise misbehave according to their rules, it makes it much more public and embarrassing and leaves the org with the dilemma of whether to remove all media featuring the persona non grata or leave it. Either choice creates awkward questions.

Well, as someone once said, you reap what you sow!

• neat blue dog
  • ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

It’s so ironic that his character in the JW propaganda film was pro Gay and made to look like the baddie

i wonder back then was he sleeping with men?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

He was raised in the theater environment practically since birth. I refuse to believe he was born that way lol, considering the weirdos that surrounded him. Kind of sad, really.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

It is so ironic.

It is beyond ironic if you ask me.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Here's one of his songs, we'll see if they either delete or redo it eventually:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/music-songs/original-songs/where-i-belong/

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Reminds of King Solomon

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

How, his pride? 😆

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

This is why they try to keep the singers anonymous. So that if or when they come out as gay or something they hope nobody will notice.

can’t do that with videos.

It always used to be that if someone appeared in a prominent picture in the publications and then left the truth they would be removed and the picture will be changed

they can’t do that with old videos but it will be interesting to see if they delete the videos with ex Brother king in them. The film and all the music videos he was a part of where you could see him signing.

TOMO3 is interesting because they are slowly removing a lot of his videos but it’s too much to delete them all, he has loads o videos in the new live forever book, it would be a lot of work to replace all of those and people will soon notice and start questioning

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    It always used to be that if someone appeared in a prominent picture in the publications and then left the truth they would be removed and the picture will be changed

they can’t do that with old videos

Exactly. I remember, for example, that the cover of the old JWs and Education brochure was changed because apparently one of the girls pictured there left the religion (below). Of course the change was noticed, but it was easily made. Not so now with all the embedded video online and in broadcasts, meetings, assemblies and conventions. This problem will grow as more and more people leave the org over the years, and there are more and more video files with lots more people in to have to review to pick out the 'unwanted' faces.

I wouldn't be surprised if the org will have to keep a file indexing all the people they've used and which videos they are in, so they can calculate the 'damage' if one of them leaves, especially if someone becomes a high-profile apostate (which might happen one day). Hey, maybe they've already been doing that, especially since the experience with AMIII.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit