Haysbridge, Twickenham, Crystal palace, Dorking, Camber Sands....

by ScoobySnax 34 Replies latest jw friends

• still wondering
    still wondering

Jookbeard

Yes, the Mitcham ground has long since been housing. As you were 3 at the time you probably don’t remember but the 69 Wembley stadium and Pool combined was I think a tortuous 8 day stint or was that an early 70’s Twickenham event? I’ve forgotten so much so the de-programming is working fine.

There were also a few D/A held at Wimbledon Football Ground in the 70’s.

You list your age as 38. Is that subterfuge as 3 in ’69 doesn’t quite add up?

• minimus
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard

S/W that was an error on my side for the DOB, not worried about my cover being blown, hopefully Sallow's and Co lurk here!LOL, you have PM

• four candles
    four candles

Wembly eh?I remember that,I was there. It rained alot and the toilets overflowed. We stayed at a house where the son was a hippy and he had a party on the Saturday night which kept us awake. This was at a time when we had to use anyones house for digs,does anyone remember going round asking people if they had room to put up assembly delegates?

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

I remember twickenham just because of its huge size, the vibrant atmosphere, the buzz, those stairwells that we used to hang out on, the uncomfortable seats, the sea of people and the invisable appostates that no one dared look at incase they were turned to stone.

Oh and the "oh randy!" drama

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit