What do you believe in?

by Joysome 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Joysome
    Joysome

I mean when it comes to life, death, god, the universe etc. What do you believe in? Have you gone and learned about other religions. What do you feel is the purpose of life? Why are we here in the first place. and so on.

I was df'd May of '03. I have never been so confused in my entire life. Sometimes I feel if I don't believe it what I have been taught all of my life what do I believe in? and then I have so many unanswered questions. So I just wondered what others felt.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board, Joysome.

Good question, one that will take you many places if you decide to look for many answers. Enjoy!

Joy

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I no longer know what I believe in

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I don't believe in the god of the bible. I don't like that god, he's a childish egotistical tyrant

• Joysome
    Joysome

See that's where I'm stuck at. As I said earlier I'm ever so confused.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Hi joysome!

Welcome to the board.

I saw your post in the TPC/Tool thread.

I like you already because of your comment RE: Meteora

I just DA?d myself a couple ago months ago. I was hoping when I first came to this board last June that someone would supply me with all of the right answers to replace the ones that I was taught as a JW.

It never happened.

Instead, I got something better.

I got my freedom back.

I am now free to learn who and what I really am.

I am now free to find out and believe who I see God is through his creation and through the goodness in people.

Someone here posted a great line that I now live by:

?I?d rather have questions I can?t answer, than answers I can?t question.?

Think about it for a second and let it sink in?

You will not be supplied all of the answers to life?s questions.

If you ever are, then run away from that person!

Now?s a time to break down the person you were as a JW, and find out who you really are as an interdependent human being within this global family.

IMHO, living by the words of Jesus, to ?love your neighbor as yourself? and to ?love God with your whole heart soul and mind?, one will be well off.

Children shouldn?t need to be told what to do every second of the day. A parent rejoices when their child makes good decisions, and is happy to see them grow and learns from their bad ones.

I?d like to think that a caring God would be just the same.

To close, I think that these next lines from ?Meteora? is the process you are going through right now, as well as I and others here are going through as well:

?I will never know myself until I do this on my own
    And I will never feel anything else, until my wounds are healed
    I will never be anything till I break away from me
    I will break away, I'll find myself today?

That work well for me, especially cranked up till my ears are hurting as I drive down the road at 120 MPH.

Very relaxing in a weird way

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Greetings from a fellow Buckeye! (Columbus)

I feel for what you are going through, leaving the all-encompassing fundamentalist worldview of JWism to a life of gray areas and uncertainty, is not an easy thing to do at all. Give yourself time.

JW's are religio-holics. The religion is a drug that masks the harsher realities of life and gives them a community of like-minded addicts to associate with, to give them a feeling of superiority and of being elevated above the difficulties, uncertainties and mysteries of this life. And separating oneself from this incredibly dysfunctional group of people to strike out on one's own, to live life without rose-colored religious goggles, can be very difficult in the transition stages.

• Joysome
    Joysome

I know. I will say there is a bit of freedom. But still there are some answer that need to be answered. I mean is this life really all there is? What the hades happens when we die? Then sometimes I think we will never know until we die. It's just so much for the mind and emotions to handle. Way too much. I have been on the roller coaster of my life since May. Some fun and some not.

• JH
    JH

I believe in a silent God that created the whole univers a long time ago, and then spent a long time not caring about his creation. I believe that one day, he will fulfill his promises, but only the lucky will survive. I don't believe in divine justice.

• gumby
    gumby

Joysome,

Welcome,..... and a big hug.

I am impressed with your very first post as to where you are at in your search for answers.

I had to go through religion for 7 or so years after exiting the witnesses before I woke up. Now that I have woke up....I'm where you are at......confused. You are in good hands here as I can say that most of us here are poor lost bastards too.

There isn't a person on this board nor anywhere else that can tell you why and how and for what purpose life began. You will probably never know. You may or may not try and figure it out through the years.........but it will end up being mearly your idea.......nothing you can prove.

This for sure sucks in my book. I want to know all the things you mentioned. I'm finding that what will probably happen in my case is to settle down to the fact of not worrying excessively over it and just learn to make the best of what life I KNOW I have at the present. That day or attitude hasn't arrived yet.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit