God hates mankind

by shotgun 43 Replies latest jw friends

• shotgun
    shotgun

What other explanation can there be?

Look at how he treats us.

1. His Angel deceives Eve who was still childlike( she couldn't even cloth herself properly,God provided clothing for them ) So he punishes Them instead of this angel who he names Satan

2. His Angellic sons come down to earth and turn the whole place into a drunken brawl so he destroyes all mankind with a flood but not the Angels

3. It isn't bad enough on the earth so he confines Satan and Demons ( His angellic children ) to earth and tells them do your best boys your time is short.

4. He lets man acheive perfection after a 1000 years of loyalty then lets Satan and his Demons loose again to try and break man's loyalty once more because apparently his sovreinty is still an issue.

Seems to me if God is really behind all this then it's comparable to letting a pack of wolves loose on penned sheep just for the sport.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It is how I have started to feel -- any longer and I will be an atheist

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Thats why I decided not to serve this cruel God anymore. I had enough. I just couldn't understand why He always had to test us and even after the 1000 years. Is he that insecure that he always has to throw obstacles in our way to see if we keep serving him and only him? Don't you find that a little hard to keep believing? I thought he was a god of love? I couldn't buy that story anymore. The WTS paints him as a demanding, insecure, impatient, mean God. I was always afraid of him as a child. That shouldn't be the way we serve God.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Perhaps what we have here is the innate wisdom within the heart seeing that the minds creations, it's anthropomorphic deities, are shallow. This is not a little step for anyone that was once a Jehovah's Witness. It is said, that the discovery of Truth is a process of elimination; one in which we first must clearly see what is false. What remains, is True. A child can see that the god portrayed in the Bible is repulsive.
    The same child standing in awe of the midnight sky is in love.

I made a decision not to long ago to no longer embrace a book that openly and continuously disparaged God.

The most important book to read is ourselves. Our own heart. j

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

shotgun you godless hethen,

You keep letting talk like this slip out of that mush you call a cakecrusher and jehover will destroy your sorry arse!

You better say five "Hail Joker10's" and five "Our JCanon's" and BEG for forgiveness you walking lightning rod.

Although you make some good points there.

I am certainly fading from the belief that the bible is infallible and fully inspired.

Certain parts read more like Greek Mythology than being inspired by a loving God.

I do like James' take on the Bible & God

• shotgun
    shotgun

I like James take on it as well Winnie ..do you mind if I call you that?

For me this last year has been a time of critically examining the WT and dismantling longstanding beliefs and lately it's been indepth study of the bible in the same critical manner with the same result.

And as for Certain parts of the bible reading more like Greek Mythology....sometimes I'd have to say like Greek salad too.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Long before there was a "God", people projected into the imaginary concept of "gods" all their mixed feelings about life and the universe: love, care, hate, jealousy, fear, guilt and so on. All those feelings are still present in the Bible (including the NT) concept of "God". A "God" that is just "love" is simply not God anymore...

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Winnie ..do you mind if I call you that?

shotgun

NP man.

As long as I can call you my "Little Piglet"

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Can?t deal with tough love? The implications of free will are awesome. However, some here would rather be "people pets" well fed and cared for like an animal....

""We have to be willing to stop asking questions long enough to hear some answers:

Although we see evil everywhere we turn, we also see good everywhere we turn. It can emerge from the darkest corners with amazing power.

We see the impact of even the smallest act of kindness and are amazed.

We see hints of God in people, in amazing acts of generosity, self-sacrifice, courage, and devotion.

We see hints of God in some of our own creations. Music and art can set our spirits soaring.

Children delight us with their freshness and freedom -- and we think, "There must be a God."

We even get hints of God in the exhilaration of sports.

When we're participating, there are times when we get in the groove and everything flows. It's heaven.

As spectators, we can experience the joy of losing ourselves in the event. We identify completely with a person or team, even if only for a while. There is intense community ? a hint of life with God who links us all together.

We get a sense of there being something bigger than ourselves.

We get a whiff of the infinite.""

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The more I read about this deity the more it reminds me of a dictator.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit