Are YOU: rh negative ?

by RAYZORBLADE 55 Replies latest watchtower medical

• shamus
    shamus

Anyone want to become blood brothers?

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Shamus, what the hell.....get typed and well...when I get to BC., we can proceed with the 'blood brother' ritual.

No sacrificing of marmots will be permitted. So, no worries to our animal loving members.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am very happy for all of you A negative women who were able to take advantage of rhogam. I am sure your children are as well.

Frannie, I hope none of your three living babies were too adversely affected by your own antibodies.

There are eight other factors besides the Rh factor that you need to be cross matched for. I hope I am remembering this correctly.Sadly doctors and hospitals, in the interest of "saving lives" aren't always careful to cross match for each of these factors and they can turn you into what they call a "cross match problem". That's what they call me. If I need blood, it's going to be very rare for them to find a donor for me. I have antibodies against the Rh factor as well as several of the other factors.

Rayzor, when I lived in West Texas, the docs gave me a card with all of the factors I have antibodies against. There was one rare one they could not identify so the whole lab was in a buzz. They had to send a sample of my blood off to some other lab to figure it all out. They wanted me to come in and let them study my blood. They said they had never seen an immune repsonse like the one I had. Because I was a JW I shyed away from letting them have samples of my blood to study. I feel anger welling up in me just thinking that I might have helped someone but didn't.

Heather

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

B -

Lisa

• nowisee
    nowisee

O+.

elsewhere, i am making a mental note.

hi rayzor.

love, nowisee

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

An easy way we were taught to remember who could donate to who was done in school with coloured water. They never took into account the rh - or + part though.

O - clear water
    A - red water
    B - blue water
    AB - purple water

If you add one liquid to another and the color doesn't change you know it's compatible. (for example adding O to A would not change the color or A)

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Thanks to Flying High Now, I'm going to post a link to her post from a little while ago, it's quite interesting:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/63399/973968/post.ashx#973968

As for some oddities, I have found myself more often than not, undergoing unusual tests. Especially with regards to vaccinations, innoculations and other injections.

My body simply would NOT take to it.

It inspired me to e-mail/write to some pharmaceutical companies here in Canada, asking them the possible 'whys' that their product may not work on rh negative people, or if it was even tested on rh negative people.

I'd get more silence and being passed from one lab tech to another who did not have a clue what I was talking about.

Ugh!

Finally one lab tech said: "talk to you doctor".

Even he couldn't tell me. He thought it was a 'good question', but that was about it.

Anyways, the link that FHN sent to me again (Thanks FHN), is above. Give it a look.

Hi Nowisee....so good to see you again.

• elamona
    elamona

Du is a "weak" expression of the Rh D gene. You are still D positive but weakly express it with regard to typing sera. Rh designation is like this- you are RH pos (D+) or rh neg-lack the D positive gene. Normally you inherit "groups" of Rh genes together. Normally,when you inherit D expressions (+ or=) you also inherit expressions of C,E,c,e as a "group" because they are closely related. Rh neg's are MOSTLY Rh D=,c+,e+. As you can see you can be pos. for c or e. Rh D= doesn't mean that you are pos. for the Neg gene, it means that you LACK expression for of D gene. Rh+ can and do inherit c+,c-,E+,E-,C+,c-,e-,e+. I am A pos,c-,E-,C+,e+. There are over 500 groups of blood,(some having as few as 2 types within their group, or many more in their group), ALL of which are capable of producing devastating problems in the people who inherit them. I used to be a med tech and worked in blood banks a long time ago and am somewhat rusty, now.

• elamona
    elamona

Razorblade What you are experiencing has to do with your IMMUNE system, NOT your Rh blood group except for maybe being unable to produce antibodies to foreign blood groups or a hyperreaction to foreign blood groups.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Thanks elamona.

Honestly, I couldn't get a straight reply from anyone it seemed. (manufacturers of vaccines)

I am going to continue to take another look at this.

I find things related to hematology and the study of blood and its components, fascinating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit