Great news!

by Half banana 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Half banana
    Half banana

It's a case of two down and one to go. My darling daughter has announced to the extended family that she has left Jehovah's Witnesses! Deep joy!

We went to her cousin's wedding and my daughter unlike her reclusive old JW personality of being shy, downcast and awkward, she shone, she was radiant! Wearing a new outfit, high heels and a big smile she has became a normal human being.

It was also to the surprise and pleasure of her cousins and aunts (there were no JWs present) it was like having a new member of the family joining us as an adult.

Some while back my daughter told me that she had moved to another congregation which I thought that in itself it was a good move since it showed some initiative and independence. She then stopped going altogether but although I suspected she was fading she never informed me of the details at the time--I feared she might still remain POMI. Her fade under the radar took about two years.

I have learned not to say a word of condemnation of the cult in her presence since it is always taken as a personal insult. A comparison would be for a person retiring after loyally working for a company for many years only to be told that the company was harming people and worse than useless. So I have learned to refrain from any criticism of the Borg even now after her departure--the person has to wake up by themselves.

My daughter had left the org before but drifted back to the false security of being a witness drone but this time it is with an understanding of the reasons why the religion is wrong and an acknowledgement of why and how she had been trapped in the cult as she told one of my sisters at great length, letting it all out until 4 am in fact.

A person new to the ways of the real world, once held to be the domain of Satan, is vulnerable to manipulation, it takes a while for an innocent minded ex JW to understand how to make good decisions based on personal choice but now with the whole of her non-JW family gunning for her, I'm sure she will make it.

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

My congratulations to you Banana. 👍

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

That is great news!! I am so happy for you.

Reopened Mind

• Tallon
    Tallon

Fantastic news, Half banana. I'm really happy for you.

Now is the time for you to step in and assist her on this journey as she will need all the help and support that she can get.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Excellent result for you both! Hope she has a long and happy cult-free life.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

This is absolutely fantastic news, HB! You must be over the moon!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Beautiful news!

Yes, as you mentioned, now is the time to just show support. Say little, and let her talk it all out.

Simply be "the safe landing place" that she needs.

Slowly introduce the real life to her.

Much love to you all!

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

I'm so pleased for you and your daughter. I hope she starts enjoying her life and her freedom 😊

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

#bestlifeever

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Awesome news!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit