Coke or Pepsi ???

by dh 91 Replies latest jw friends

• Been there
    Been there

Caffeine free Regular and or Diet PEPSI ! I really don't drink much Pop/Soda though.

Did ya all know that Mountian Dew has caffeine free now too?

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I prefer Diet Pepsi.

Secondly, I really like Diet Vanilla Coke.

• peacebaby
    peacebaby

Yahoo! Mountain Dew, baby!

Why is it that the only other vote for Mountain Dew was from another Hoosier? That's a little strange!

I'd always been a Coke drinker - nice and cold - really refreshing. Forget that it can dissolve steel... Then, in the early 80's, my sister started working as an exec. at Pepsico. That's when I started drinking Mountain Dew.... and eating at Pizza Hut, another division of Pepsico.... There is no other taste like it - Mellow Yellow comes close, but no cigar. In the south there's a drink called Sundrop, which is also close. I could drink Dew all day - love the caffeine! But it's making me fat with 130 empty calories in 12 oz, so I'm making myself drink more water, which is a benefit all around. Some of you guys are nuts - my kinda people!

Peace from peacebaby

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

either as long as NOT diet - can not stand the aspartame after-taste -- on balance coke

• Valis
    Valis
    Why is it that the only other vote for Mountain Dew was from another Hoosier?

Mountain Dew is the supreme hangover remedy...lots of phenylalenine to wake up the olde brain

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious
    Wow, sounds like onacruse spiked his pepsi with some rum!

Next thing you know, he'll be flirting again.

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom: Sounds like you've been ingesting lots of anti-nutrasweet propaganda.

Yes... as an [ex?] Jehovah's Witness you're good at spotting propaganda aren't you..... NOT!!

For the record I drank about 2L a day every summer for 6 years before it began to cause itching, sometimes washing this down with Potato chips that also had 951 (intense sweetner) in them. I'm not suggesting everyone reacts this way, although I have certainly read other stories on the Internet to confirm I wasn't alone.

I can't eat anything in the 900 range now... even though I would like too.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

only in the old fashioned tall bottles when I can find them do I enjoy

COKE! ...

ITS THE REAL THING! COKE-A-COLA...

THATS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE....

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

What a bunch of pansies. You want a kick. Try Raw Extreme Thermogenic Fruit Punch. Contains Guarana.

A can of Coke or Pepsi has about 36 mg of caffeine while a cup of coffee has about 100 mg.

Here are some of the results of the energy drinks tested by Marketplace:

• Speedster Fruit Punch 169 mg
    • Pro Circuit Thermo Charge Fruit Punch 246 mg
    • Raw Extreme Thermogenic Fruit Punch 259 mg
  • joenobody
    joenobody

I like Coke for mixed drinks and Pepsi on it's own.

That said, pop (soda for you Yanks) is the biggest reason there are so many obese children and adults. I am appalled when reading books like "Fast Food Nation" to find out how many youth are drinking this crap daily. I saw a woman giving an Orange Crush to a one year old and saying "drink some juice"! Kid under 5 should'nt be drinking acids like that. I have one every couple of weeks and have in fact switched to Diet Coke seeing that it's pretty bad crap for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit