"Only Witnesses demonstrate Christian Love"

by Jules Saturn 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

So a couple of nights ago I was speaking with a relative and we began talking about the organization. I had to asked her "Why do you believe that this religion is the correct one?" They stood quiet for a second but then said that they view and feel genuine Christian love, a type of love that is spoken about in the Bible. A type of love that is worldwide. She argued that she had been a Catholic while growing up and that that genuine Christian love was never felt. I wanted to reason with her that she had spent more time being a Witness than a Catholic but I decided to let her speak.

And then she said "There is no other organization that is like this." And that's where I tried reasoning with her by saying "You haven't been in other organizations before, only two, the Catholics and the Witnesses, to say that the Witnesses are the ONLY organization to demonstrate this act of love is a bold claim." And they argued saying that they weren't going to join every other organization to see whether they have that "love" quality or not.

I definitely thought her response was very interesting and I do wonder if many other Witnesses reason this way. I definitely can't argue doctrine with her because she honestly doesn't seem to care whether it's correct or not and if I attempt to explain something she doesn't want to listen.

You ever experienced this talking to a Witness before? How do you respond when they mention the whole "Only this organization shows true Christian love"?

~Jules

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Only Witnesses demonstrate Christian Love"

Really?..

Other Religions Help Feed People in Need.

Image result for soup kitchen

Image result for soup kitchen

Name one WBT$/JW Soup Kitchen......Just one...

"We Don`t Have Any!"

"JW Kids!...Send Us Your Ice Cream Money!!"

Image result for JW.org broadcasting

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

"Christian love" is all embracing, it's not a touchy feely entity that exists within a cult like organization, I think that a band that looked out for one another in the Nazi camps is admirable, I think that the example of Catholic nuns who risked their lives rescuing Jewish children during this period is immeasurably more Christlike, that is, in harmony with the teachings of Christ, they could have concerned themselves with simply "loving" other Catholics, JWs were curiously absent from such activity, This argument will have no effect on any JW who wants to believe their own rhetoric, touchy feely warm sensations go a long way, as does one sided propoganda

:0)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Are Witnesses really known for their love?

Does love harbor pedophiles?

Does love practice and shunning family members over doctrinal differences or smoking cigarettes?

Does love promote lying to people who are judged as unworthy of the truth?

• just fine
    just fine

Pffft - Christian love my ass. The disfellowshipping and shunning alone show there is no Christian love in that cult.

• jaydee
    jaydee

Yes, the touchy feely warm sensations go a long way don't they....

If you try talking doctrine with a Mormon for example, when the going gets tough, they always come back to feelings. It doesn't matter what you say,

they know Mormonism is true because they feel a burning in the bosom .

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

@jaydee, YES, same thing our landlady said when she was trying to persuade us to attend her Baptist church.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes, a typical response from a true blue believer.... I was talking to a Witness yesterday who assured me that "no other organization could give us the knowledge of The Bible and understanding that the WTS does" . I wanted to take him up on that, but in my position I must not appear too anti Witness...

Has he tried all, or several churches and study groups? No! He just repeats what he is told and what he wants to believe. As Karl Popper said:

"No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude."

• smiddy
    smiddy

People believe what they want to believe regardless of what the facts say.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

The true Christian love is evident as they are the only religion as a whole whose members will not go to war. That to them is all the proof they need that they have the truth. Never mind the "minor" detail that unless you attend the meetings you don't exist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit