Myth of 1914

by peacefulpete 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

TD

Russell's terminology should be evaluated in the context of his own usage.

I understand what Russel taught. WT does not say Russel is Joseph Smith or the rule. WT has a different understanding now about Christ’s return as I mentioned. So, JW beliefs do not depend upon interpreting CTR. WT also agrees with many things Russel taught not because Russel taught them but because when WT interprets the Bible on their own they arrive at the same understanding as Russel did.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

When they finally cut the anchor of 1914 loose the church will be much freer to adapt and grow. I'd give it another 10 years or so.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

When they finally cut the anchor of 1914

Generation is still tethered to 1914 and and so is the climax of Jesus’s presence, the GT, and the preaching work. And most important, the kingdom is in place since 1914.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    • ''When they finally cut the anchor of 1914 loose the church will be much freer to adapt and grow. I'd give it another 10 years or so.''

I think the Borg and it's actions are cutting 'loose' the 1914 sentiment. It is mentioned less and less. Starting by the NOV 1995 ridiculous change.. Dropping of the 'Reasoning' book which promoted it big time. That book is now defunct big time.

1914 is a 'failed' prediction. It too is fading away more and more.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

Generation is still tethered to 1914 and and so is the climax of Jesus’s presence, the GT, and the preaching work. And most important, the kingdom is in place since 1914.

Aside from the fact their beliefs are entirely wrong, Fishermen is, for once, correct in that the JWs are as stuck with 1914 as they ever were. 1914 has been spruiked right up until 2022 in their literature.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I believe they will drop it with a wave of the hand and burst of magician's flash paper.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

think the Borg and it's actions are cutting 'loose' the 1914 sentiment.

False. For the reasons I gave and more.

It is mentioned less and less

True. There is nothing more to add. The gt did not come as per JW expectations and as JW said it would. The great tribulation must now come and validate JW.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

When did they stop using the Reasoning from the Scriptures book?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    peacefulpete6 minutes ago

I believe they will drop it with a wave of the hand and burst of magician's flash paper.

JW FDS claim they saw the sign in 1914.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

The great tribulation must now come and validate JW.

😂 The ‘great tribulation’ came and went in 66-70 CE. JWs can’t even get right the basic sequence that Jesus’ ‘presence’ is explicitly described as happening after the ‘great tribulation’. So there is no hope for them, in every sense of the word.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit