Official JW web site - Truth or Lie?

by BeelzeDub 17 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

Thanks for the info Blondie. Somehow, making rules(or procedures) about thermostat settings and meeting times isn't quite the same thing as making rules about how to live your life.

Stuff like this really gets me. They'll write something like JWs don't make rules not based on the Bible, trying to show how balanced they are and then turn around and say the opposite but play it off as being righteous and necessary. The ole bait and switch is alive and well at the WTS.

• Simon
    Simon

Is it OK to have a gun? Granted ... they weren't invented then - but swords were and the disciples had them !

• blondie
    blondie

Exactly, undercover.

The ole bait and switch is alive and well at the WTS.

There is the sanitized version for the public and what REALLY goes on at a KH.

Blondie

• Puternut
    Puternut

Conscience is in all reality; Con Science.

I rest my case

• sf
    sf

LOLOLOL Watchtower is now in the comedian business I see. LOLOLOLOL Bravo!!!

Great work blondie!

HEATHER!! Your post just stirred my soul...put me back into my early years as a jw; as that was my favorite poem.

My mom had this brown book of poems and this was one of the poems within its pages. I had it totally memorized and was proud. I'd give anything to get back into that book if I could find it. It was the greastest escape (besides music and singing/ recording in my dfed brothers bedroom) I had then after having to study Paradise book.

Thank you for sharing. I'm going to do a search on the author now.

sKally

• shamus
    shamus

If that ain't a lie, then a dog don't crap in the woods!

• simwitness
    simwitness

It's not a lie, it's "Marketing Spin"... Just like the 0 percent financing at car dealerships (for "well qualified" buyers)...

After all, it is primarily a book publishing and distrabution company.

• heathen
    heathen

They have all kinds of rules that people don't even obey . They clearly ignore some rules that the apostles suggested like women to remain silent in the congregation .Like simon said the no gun ownership rule seems a bit over the edge , guns don't kill people , people kill people .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit