Official JW web site - Truth or Lie?

by BeelzeDub 17 Replies latest jw friends

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

The following is from the official JW media site.

http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/membership.htm

Conscience

Jehovah's Witnesses avoid making rules and regulations beyond those provided in the Scriptures, and they do not follow traditions that contradict Bible teachings. Emphasis is placed on personal application of Bible principles and the value of a sound, Bible-based conscience.?Matthew 15:9; 2 Corinthians 1:24.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

unadulterated fu----g horse---t - -how can they tell such bare faced lies

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    Emphasis is placed on personal application of Bible principles

So if I personally believe that the scripture to abstain from blood means I won't eat blood but I can have a transfusion, that is OK?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

"Will you walk into my parlor?"
    Said the Spider to the Fly;
    "Tis the prettiest little parlor
    That ever you did spy;
    The way into my parlor
    Is up a wnding stair,
    And I have many curious things
    To show when you are there."
    "Oh, no, no" said the little Fly;
    "To ask me is in vain;
    For who goes up your winding stair
    Can ne'er come down again."

by Mary Howitt

Heather

• heathen
    heathen

HOGWASH---

• undercover
    undercover
    Jehovah's Witnesses avoid making rules and regulations beyond those provided in the Scriptures,

It's okay to celebrate birthdays? There's no rule or regulation in the Bible about it.

It's okay for a man to grow a beard? There's no rule or regulation in the Bible about it.

It's okay to go to college? There's no rule or regulation in the Bible about it.

It's okay to watch an R-rated movie? There's no rule or regulation in the Bible about it.

It's okay to read differing viewpoints from the WTS? There's no rule or regulation in the Bible about it.

This could go on all day.

• blondie
    blondie

Rules bad or Rules good

*** w96 9/1 20 Living by the Law of the Christ ***
    The law of the Christ includes all of Christ Jesus? commands?whether preaching and teaching, keeping the eye pure and simple, working at keeping peace with our neighbor, or removing uncleanness from the congregation. (Matthew 5:27-30; 18:15-17; 28:19, 20; Revelation 2:14-16) Indeed, Christians are obligated to observe all commands in the Bible that are directed to followers of Christ. And there is more. Jehovah?s organization, as well as individual congregations, has to establish necessary rules and procedures in order to preserve good order. (1 Corinthians 14:33, 40) Why, Christians could not even meet together if they had no rules as to when, where, and how to hold such meetings! (Hebrews 10:24, 25) Cooperating with reasonable guidelines laid down by those given authority in the organization is also a part of fulfilling the law of the Christ.?Hebrews 13:17.

Nonetheless, true Christians do not allow their worship to become a meaningless structure of laws. They do not serve Jehovah merely because some individual or organization tells them to do so.

*** w92 8/15 12 Keep Building One Another Up ***

12 A Christian?s desire to build up others should move him to imitate God in this respect rather than to follow the human tendency to make large numbers of rules. Imperfect humans have long tended to rule those around them, and even some of God?s servants have succumbed to this leaning. (Genesis 3:16; Ecclesiastes 8:9) In Jesus? time Jewish leaders ?bound heavy loads on others but were unwilling to budge them themselves.? (Matthew 23:4) They turned harmless customs into mandatory traditions. In their excessive concern about human rules, they overlooked things that God identified as of greater import. No one was built up by their making many unscriptural rules; their way just was not God?s way.?Matthew 23:23, 24; Mark 7:1-13.

17 The Christian Greek Scriptures show that the apostles did provide helpful advice on some personal matters, such as about clothing and grooming, but they did not resort to making blanket rules. Today this is a fine example for Christian overseers, who are interested in building up the flock. And it actually extends a basic approach that God followed even for ancient Israel.

*** w88 9/15 29 Christians-Firm yet Flexible ***

Most Christians have little trouble submitting to clearly defined Bible laws. But Christians are told: "Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among you." (Hebrews 13:17) Congregation elders may designate specific times for the congregation to meet for field service. Or they may specify that Kingdom Hall equipment should be used in a certain way. True, no Bible text spells out how a thermostat should be adjusted or who should do such adjusting. Yet, when the elders make such decisions, is it not a fine thing to cooperate?

*** w85 7/1 22 Jehovah's Goodness in "the Final Part of the Days" ***

18 This does not mean, however, that Jehovah?s people do not need to observe any rules. The apostle Paul reminds us: "Let all things take place decently and according to order." (1 Corinthians 14:40, NW Ref. Bi., footnote) A few rules may be needed at our Kingdom Halls, for example, to good now to become accustomed to obeying healthful rules that are made for orderliness and out of consideration for otherseconomize on the use of electricity or to prevent young children from using God?s house of worship as a playground after meetings. Family heads may need to make some orderly arrangements, such as providing for regular consideration of the daily Bible text in the home. In Bethel families there are rules, such as requiring that family members adorn the good news by modest dress and grooming. (1 Timothy 2:9) The "scrolls" to be opened during Jesus? Thousand Year Reign will no doubt contain rules that will benefit mankind. It is .?Revelation 20:12; 1 Corinthians 10:24; Philippians 2:3, 4.

• heathen
    heathen

From what I've read there were only 2 rules that jesus gave and that was to love God with all your heart and mind and to love your nieghbor as yourself.

• dustyb
    dustyb

2 rules, jesus said obey the fathers commandments. then the work of god was said to, "believe in the one that He sent forth". so i'm doing gods fine works by loving him and my neighbor, and beliving in the one who he sent forth. what part of those rules does it say we MUST go into field service?? preachign the good news of the kingdom is clearly defined in 1 corinthians 15 i think......

and to say that they make up rules based upon scripture is just BS. Sexual foreplay was a disfellowshipping offence (now its just a consience issue), where's the rule that says we have to go out into field service and spread watchtower magazines around?? where's the rule that you have to go confess to an elder every single detail about a sin (truly that is a model of catholicism)....piss on the WT website because its a blantent lie

• PurpleV
    PurpleV
    God’s house of worship

Like any "worship" of God occurs there...little shop of horrors is more like it.

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit