Betty Georges - The Female Helper to the Governing Body

by MillennialDawn 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Listener
    Listener

There's a Reddit post on it from early March. A couple of posters confirm he's male and one of them thinks he has a Haitian background.

It's surprising the org. didn't give him a different name knowing that they go to great lengths not to stumble anyone.🙄

I wonder if his pet name is Betty Georgeous.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Betty is ''gorgeous''.

• titch
    titch

Folks: As a point of interest.....In my early years of being an Amateur Radio Operator, I crossed paths, on the air, and in person with a fellow Ham Operator who had the name of "Betty Ray Dunbar." (He had the call sign of W6BWX) That information is "gleaned" from the annual publication called the "Amateur Radio Callbook." That person was definitely a male, and he preferred to be addressed as "Ray." But, yeah, it can happen. I don't know why his parents named him "Betty Ray", but apparently they did. Betty Ray passed away several years ago, so I doubt that he's reading this Internet forum, in order to object to being identified by name and call sign. Just thought I'd mention this tidbit of trivia. Best Regards, Everyone.-----Titch.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I once knew a gentleman from Trinidad named Vivian.

Yes but Vivian is a fairly common boys name. Especially the older generation. Remember the famous cricketer Viv Richards? Betty & Jody, as far as I know, are not ever boys names. This 0.2% recorded as male are probably mistakes in spelling a foreign name.

I'm going to put money on Betty and Jody being lawyers. They have female lawyers recorded as members of one of Watchtower's executive branches, presently the only women they list.

nother possibility that maybe they looked more like girls when they were born, thus causing the doctor and the parents to think the newborn baby was a girl. For example, maybe their testes had not yet descended.

Even when testes are undescended in infancy, you still see the scrotum, so there's no confusion as to baby's sex.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

That is a good point about the scrotum.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Just wait until GB 3.0 is fully in charge.... I'll bet $ 100 that is gonna be nu-light (remember Anna the prophetess in the NT and Deborah the judge in the OT), and presto, women would at least MS !

There's no way the could fill the ranks of elders and MS without women!

• St George of England
    St George of England

I know a brother named Jody, he was named after the SA racing driver Jody Scheckter.

George

Edit:- Vivian is a boy's name, Vivien (or Vivienne) is a girl's name)

• Biahi
    Biahi

In knew a brother named Marion. The female version is Marian. 🤷‍♀️

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

My prediction: The WT will eventually open up elder and MS to women. They HAVE to recognize the equality of women. Their stand is becoming more ridiculous with each passing year

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Surname;

Betty

Other names:

George S.

---------------------------------------------

there--fixed it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit