Do you recognize?

by Gorbatchov 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Gorby has had a personal paradigm shift lately.

From one point to an other I "feel" and "think" different about the JW subject.

- No more interest in doctrine

- No more interest in things that happen 100 years ago into an religion.

- No more taking statements too serious

It doesn't matter me at all what a generation doctrine change is all about, it doesn't matter me at all that brother elder said "blablabla boe!". It doen't matter me that the organization is in change.

What the heck. And since it happend, I have nice people surrounding me.

Do you remember this feeling? Thinking?

Let me know.

Gorby

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I find it harder and harder to take any of it seriously. It sneaks up on you. An upside is there is little temptation to argue with JWs when they say stupid stuff like, "gays getting married means the end must be near" or "did you hear the latest wonderful thing the GB said?" I'm just like yeah that's great, whatever.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

I can totally relate to this.

Once it became apparent that the allegations of child abuse in the WT org were entirely true, there was no reason to worry about what else was wrong or rotten about them. (And there is PLENTY.)

My husband and I feel ashamed of our past affiliation with that criminal cult.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I know what you mean, I think, maybe, possibly.

I still like to read the posts on this site because they are mostly interesting, but all the false and ever changing doctrine of jw's, all the failed 'end of the world' predictions, all the hub bub about pedophiles, and all the bullshit about dumb ass elders, well those were just the vehicle to get me to where I'm at today. I'm content and happy not being under the oppressive influence of the wtbts. Still can't believe that I gave up nearly 55 years of my life. But it's all behind me now and life is good and so are 99% of the people that I meet.

just saying!

• George One Time
    George One Time

Since I have to stay in, because of my relatives, I do still care about it. I am looking for opportunities to wake them up. So I try to keep up with the developments and give them tidy bits of information.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It doesn't matter me at all what a generation doctrine change is all about, it doesn't matter me at all that brother elder said "blablabla boe!". It doen't matter me that the organization is in change.

Image result for I don't care

• Half banana
    Half banana

Yep, doctrines, prophecies and overlapping unicorns have all the same value: nil.

It's wonderful to realise that no one is looking over your shoulder and that the dancing baboons in Brooklyn only affect those gullible enough to believe in them.

Real life starts when you leave Jehovah's Witnesses.

• prologos
    prologos

went through a process here where things that concerned me about wt, and religion period, were overturned one by one, removed from my list of things to do, , but am still interested to point out the build-in contradiction of their world view. , but I am no Gorbachev. look what he did, he used his concerns to overturn his domain, the USSR. -

• Simon
    Simon

I totally get that and feel the same way. I think if you try to hold on to anger for any extended period you're only going to hurt yourself. Better to get on with life and other things and when you do that, things go better.

It's just a bunch of victims of victims re-victimizing each other as they search for new victims.

What can you feel but sadness?

Of course it's always hard to completely break away when you have family still in - it always has some impact on your life. But it's a nice feeling to be able to look at it more as an outsider.

• Giordano
    Giordano

My wife and pioneer partner left with me and that made a huge difference.

We stopped taking it seriously in our mid 20's.

By mutual consent we ignored the folks that ignored us. We made a new and smarter life. No anger. See Ya wouldn't want to be ya.

Today any JW's we still know (a few family members) are worn out....... tired of all the hoop de do of the big nothing of being a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit