jwfacts.com Have you looked at it?

by blondie 23 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I use this extensively rather than re-inventing the wheel.

Paul Grundy, the admin, keeps it up-to-date and welcomes any corrections or new information, especially in a well-written article, supported by WT publication quotes.

The 2 places I check first is www.jwfacts.com and then searching on JWN with key word(s) to see if the topic has been already extensively researched or commented on.

Don't be frightened away by the material being more than 3 paragraphs. The quotes from WT publications is are extensive and from publications that are older and less available.

I find it good to read many posts on a single topic and expand my knowledge and sources.

Blondie

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Thanks Blondie. the link in your post is broken though. Would you perhaps edit it for ease of access for new members here or anyone lurking?

• blondie
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Jwfacts is a good site for information.

I can remember when I first began to doubt Watchtower, I read absolutely everything I could find on Watchtower history. Whole websites, every single page. In particular: Watchtower Observer, Freeminds, Reachout, Carm, Watchtower Information Service, and many others.

Jwfacts was a bit too late for me, and I’ve only read bits of it. It if existed ten years earlier I am sure I would have read the whole website in a couple of days. But then, my attention span isn’t what it used to be.

• blondie
    blondie

SBJ, Paul updates his website with new insights on policies and doctrines of the WTS. Might be worth another look.

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

JWfacts is the best resources out there for facts about JW. It has remained up because it is truth and they can't legally shut it down as it contains no libel...

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

Thank you Blondie, I joined earlier today.

• Listener
    Listener

It is a very reliable place to refer JWs to and that is why you will often see it in posters from activists.

• LV101
    LV101

Thanks for topic, Blondie. I really should check it out -- I've clicked on it previously but it's been awhile. Good site to get the facts drilled in.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Recently I had an issue with the WT understanding of the Stake/Cross physical characteristics. I found a number of bible verses that contradicted the WT view. After looking at jwfacts on the topic of the cross I can see the Org is wrong about that also. The object was more of a "T" than a "+". It was never a "I".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit