jwfacts.com Have you looked at it?

by blondie 23 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

jwfacts.com is an excellent tool for any active jw's having doubts and would like some easily laid out information to confirm the WTS is so wrong in everything they promote as being "truth" and the sole channel

• Giordano
    Giordano

I recommend reading the section on Reasons you can be disfellowshiped :

http://jwfacts.mobi/disfellowshipping-and-shunning/disfellowshipping-watchtower-offences/

There were something like 68 plus reasons one can be DF for including this:

"Rather than restricted to the usual definition of sexual perversion, the Watchtower defines “loose conduct” as including “disrespect to elders”. This enables this term to be used to disfellowship for a wide range of offences not elsewhere covered, and as such is used to cover all manner of sins, such as refusal to cease fellowship with disfellowshipped people, or even being contemptuous in a judicial meeting where no other sin can be proven."

As always jwfacts.com is a must read for everyone who has left the JW world or is PIMO

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Although there are many reasons to be DFed, probably 90% plus of cases are forniaction, with apostasy making up most of the rest.

Does anyone know more unusual cases?

I know of one person DFed for smoking, one for drunkenness, one for heroin use, one for practising Feng Shui!

Does anyone know anyone DFed for “extorting” a high bride price!? Or other unusual rule.

• mann377
    mann377

An interesting side story. I knew a brother that was DFed for a day. While at Watchtower Farm there was a brother on the concrete crew was framed by two sisters in his congregation. The sisters confessed to the scheme a day after the DF'ing. No judicial action was taken against the sisters as they were the daughters of one of the elders. The brother was kicked out of Bethel and was not aloud back in even after reinstatement.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I knew one disfellowshipped for working as a stripper.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Until the WTS challenges sites like that with jw in the name.

The WTS holds the trademark to jw as of 10/31/2017

https://trademarks.justia.com/873/61/jw-87361634.html

Digital media in the field of religious education, namely, pre-recorded video discs, digital versatile disks, downloadable audio and video recordings, DVDs, and high definition discs, all featuring religious information relating to the tenets of the Jehovah's Witnesses denomination; Downloadable software in the nature of a mobile application for accessing, viewing and downloading audio and video recordings, music, digital print publications, online publications, documents, forms, audio and digital content, and web pages, all featuring religious information relating to the tenets of the Jehovah's Witnesses denomination

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

SBF said "Although there are many reasons to be DFed, probably 90% plus of cases are forniaction, with apostasy making up most of the rest.

Does anyone know more unusual cases?"

They like to use bloodguilty alot even where the law does not charge someone.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Does anyone know anyone DFed for “extorting” a high bride price!? Or other unusual rule.

I knew of one case where a sister embezzled a bunch of money from her employer. I didn't really know her. She was at a public place with worldly people and witnesses and a friend of mine told me no JW could talk to her because of that recent crime.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3
    Rattigan350

How about a JW who willingly takes a blood transfusion ? isnt that automatically a DF offence ?

• mann377
    mann377

I like JWfacts, very informative. I like to call it: Preaching at the church of the painful truth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit