More decption in Feb 1 WT

by why144000 49 Replies latest jw friends

• why144000
    why144000

How is this for deceptive writing. In the Feb 1 2004 Watchtower under the title 'How can you satisfy your Spiritual Needs' the artice gives three examples of professional people who have become witnesses, a doctor, a lawyer and an architect. All come complete with two pictures each. This would be good press for the society however the article is long on words and short on truth! I will quote the story from Vincent, the Lawyer.

Vincent, a lawyer, says: ?A good secular career can provide a measure of satisfaction. However, I have found that much more is needed to gain happiness and contentment. Before coming aware of the bible's teaching on the subject, I recall being struck by the sheer pointlessness of life ? being born, growing up, getting married, working at a job to provide what is needed materially to raise one's children, training them to follow the exact same life cycle, and finally getting old and dying.

?It was only after studying the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses that I received satisfying answers to my questions about the purpose of life. My Bible study has enabled me to come to know Jehovah as a person and to develop a deep love for him. This provides the basis for me to maintain a healthy spiritual outlook as I endeavor to live my life in harmony with what I know know to be his purpose. Now, both my wife and I have the satisfaction of knowing that we are usung our life in the most meaningful way possible.?

Well this sounds impressive. We have a successful lawyer with a good secular career who finally finds the truth. He talks about providing materially to raise children. What an encouraging personal story.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!

Vincent is actually Vincent (Vin) Toole, the society's lawyer in Australia. He came into the truth many years ago and served as a circuit Oversea in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia and other places. He was invited to bethel in Australia and the society PAID for him to attend law school. He and his wife have no children and he travels around Australia giving special talks. He never had a successful Law career until the society paid for it.

This type of misrepresentation really boils my blood. The unspecting reader may be impressed by the fact that a lawyer accepts the truth when in fact no such thing occurred. It makes me wonder about the 'real' story of the doctor and architect.

• minimus
    minimus

144,000-----can you verify this? If so, it just shows how conniving and dishonest "Jehovah's people" really are!

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

They're trying to keep their current membership. Since many of the young people are not getting college degrees, they have to show even "educated" people will become JWs.

My older son has a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering but was raised as a JW. I believe the only thing keeping him in is father who has all but disowned his other three children for leaving "The Truth"

I'm certain, he'll read this and believe every word because he wants to believe the lie.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I meant to say many of the young people are "NOW" getting degrees.

• gumby
    gumby
    Now, both my wife and I have the satisfaction of knowing that we are usung our life in the most meaningful way possible.?

Let this guy become a window washer and see how happy his little bride remains.

Gumby

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Why144000,

That sounds par for the WTS. I too would like verification on this, but it certainly falls in line with the society's MO.

My guess?

The doctor and architect are likely on staff at a Bethel branch as well.

And neither ever ran their own successful practice.

I could be wrong though...

I tell you what.

My career in architecture is INFINITELY MORE fulfilling than my life was as a Reg Pio

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

What about the sheer pointlessness of being a dub ...? 'Cuz that was my experience! Ya think they'd wanna write an article about my life story ...?

ESTEE

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Vincent is actually Vincent (Vin) Toole, the society's lawyer in Australia. He came into the truth many years ago and served as a circuit Oversea in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia and other places. He was invited to bethel in Australia and the society PAID for him to attend law school. He and his wife have no children and he travels around Australia giving special talks. He never had a successful Law career until the society paid for it.

That was the same stuff that happened up here in the Canadian Bethel. I knew a fellow that went to Bethel and the society PAID to put him through Law School. This was after I was told not to apply myself toward a higher education but go get a minimal job scrubbing toilets so that would free up my time to bang on more doors. I recall saying to my mother about how I thought we were not supposed to be educated in higher learning as we would not require this knowledge in the "New System". She said something about that it was OK because it was for the benefit of Jehovah and the WT society .

Will

• dustyb
    dustyb

?It was only after studying the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses that I received satisfying answers to my questions about the purpose of life. My Bible study has enabled me to come to know Jehovah as a person and to develop a deep love for him. This provides the basis for me to maintain a healthy spiritual outlook as I endeavor to live my life in harmony with what I know know to be his purpose. Now, both my wife and I have the satisfaction of knowing that we are usung our life in the most meaningful way possible.?

so, what about a close, personal relationship with jesus christ, since thats what being a christian is about..OH YA, Jehovah's Witnesses are followers of god and not jesus...i forgot about that.

• gumby
    gumby
    She said something about that it was OK because it was for the benefit of Jehovah and the WT society .

It's also a benifit to the society to have many members NOT at Bethel, who work their asses off and donate money so the society can funtion.

I'd like to see what it would be like for this Organisation if everyone DID pioneer.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit