Proposed Georgia(USA) Assembly Hall Collected Funds, 3.5 Million Dollars, donated to the World Wide Work

by James Jack 62 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The one in London Ohio has a separate Kingdom Hall and its own parking.

• Incognito
    Incognito

I suspect when there was a search for land, the 75-acre property was then available at reasonable cost and in the general area central to the congregations that AH would be serving. There is probably good highway access. That property may also have offered the prospect for rezoning the property use, likely from agricultural use to a religious place of worship.

• stillin
    stillin

Conyers this weekend. Tiny! The word "ugly" never occurred to me. I'll pay more attention now. Better yet, find a reason why I can't go!

• Sliced
    Sliced

"The word "ugly" never occurred to me. I'll pay more attention now..."

Its the no frills ceiling-less black void... lol

• SnakesInTheTower
  • JeffT
    JeffT

I just took a look at Google Earth. The Puyallup Assembly sits on about 15 acres. I haven't been there in a long time, when I was going there I think it held 2500-3000 people.

A properly designed parking lot holds about 100 cars. A fifty acre parking lot would hold 5000 cars. That is a lot of people, easily 10,000. Are they holding conventions that large in these buildings?

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

"Big Yellow Taxi"

They paved paradise
    Put up a parking lot

With a pink hotel, a boutique
    And a swinging hot SPOT

• nugget
    nugget

If the money was donated for a specific purpose it shouldn't be used for something else. Certainly if any was obtained through bequests it seems dishonest to take it whilst knowing that the plan was to absorb the money into the worldwide work.

• nugget
    nugget

Just wondered any news of building projects in Africa and India etc where supposedly the money from these cancelled projects is being utilised

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

When the donations were made the checks clearly stated for XYZ project, then it must be used for XYZ project or returned. This will jeopardize their 501C3 tax exempt status.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit