YOU are the Proof God exists!

by MuchCloserLook 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You ( MCL ) are proof that fear, superstition and ignorance exists.

Which to no doubt has been indoctrinated into your mind and conscious by religious propagation.

Oh yeah welcome to the forum

• cofty
    cofty

MCL - I have spoken to you respectfully and offered to spend as much time as you wish to share my knowledge about evolution. In return you have tried to change the subject, refused to admit your error and responded with hysteria.

Are you genuinely interested in learning anything?

I could discuss abiogenesis if you want but your thread, and my response was about evolution. It's telling that you don't understand the huge gulf between the two subjects. This is precisely what the Watchtower does in every publication it it has written on the topic. The WT books and booklets about evolution display appalling ignorance and dishonesty.

I will offer a deal. If you stick to evolution I will address the current evidence for abiogenesis in a separate thread after that.

Evolution is a Fact - Parts 1 - 40...

• MuchCloserLook
    MuchCloserLook

Cofty, I like you- but you are guilty of what you are charging ME with.

If you can't admit science knows SQUAT about what life IS and how it BEGAN, they you refuse, also, to see the rest is sheer guesswork.

BTW- I myself would rather believe Evolution than Churchianity!

• Tahoe
    Tahoe

The fastest sneeze was recorded at 102 mph

• MuchCloserLook
    MuchCloserLook
    You ( MCL ) are proof that fear, superstition and ignorance exists.

Which to no doubt has been indoctrinated into your mind and conscious by religious propagation.

Oh yeah welcome to the forum Finkle- you appear to be a Master of ASSumption!
  • cofty
    cofty
    If you can't admit science knows SQUAT about what life IS and how it BEGAN, they you refuse, also, to see the rest is sheer guesswork - MCL

Actually science can define life very precisely and knows a huge amount about where, when and how life emerged on earth. I have read a number of books on this very topic in recent years, the most interesting was The Vital Spark by Nick Lane of University College London. He and his team are making fantastic progress in the field of bioenergetics. In other words the key to understanding life and its origins is working out where the energy for life came from.

'Life is nothing but an electron looking for a place to rest' - Albert Szent-Györgyi

I'm not avoiding the subject of abiogenesis because I don't have answers I am offering to stick to the topic of evolution and discuss abiogenesis on a separate thread.

Let's say for sake of argument that life began with an act of divine creation 3.5 billion years ago. Since then every species that has ever lived descended from LUCA through unguided evolution.

Even if I credit god with the origin of life you still have all your work ahead of you to explain the overwhelming body of evidence for the fact of evolution.

So if you can agree to less 'gotcha' rants and more respectful dialogue maybe we can get a conversation started.

• cofty
    cofty

By the way please take your time. This is a discussion forum. That means at its best you have to read your interlocutor's words carefully and respond thoughtfully to what they have actually written.

Sadly it's a rare skill.

• MuchCloserLook
    MuchCloserLook

Cofty, please stop the condescension.

Are you SERIOUS?

An electron is the source of life?

Did you buy the Golden Gate Bridge?

• MuchCloserLook
    MuchCloserLook

What is so difficult about design being the result of intelligence?

How many of you know what science has referred to as "the Most Complex Mechanism in the known Universe"?

• cofty
    cofty
    An electron is the source of life? Did you buy the Golden Gate Bridge?

I didn't say that did I?

Every living thing on earth consumes energy. The key to understanding life and its origins is to unlock how something non-living began to use energy to sustain its processes. In other words how geochemistry became biochemistry.

How much do you know about cellular respiration? You could ask thoughtful questions about that or you could shout and mock and expose your ignorance of the topic. You chose the latter.

What is so difficult about design being the result of intelligence?

It's not 'difficult' it's simplistic, it's just a non-answer. There was a time people thought rainbows were painted in the sky by god as a promise that he will not repeat the Noachian flood. Then along came the Enlightenment and we learned about optics which led to all sorts of useful inventions.

Evolution is similar. We want to know how many species evolved from a common ancestor. Beating the coronavirus will depend in part on knowledge of evolutionary genetics.

ETA - The study of abiogenesis and bioenergetics has already led to advances in transplant medicine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit