YOU are the Proof God exists!

by MuchCloserLook 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

MCL - My question was 'What scientific books that present the evidence FOR evolution have your studied in recent years?'

I noticed that - just like the other many, many times I have asked creationists that question - you didn't answer it. So far I have a 100% record on that!

Evolution is a fact but there is also much still to be discovered. Every species that has ever lived, including the 99.9% of species that went extinct before humans appeared, descended from a common ancestor over millions of years by a process of evolution. This is as certain as anything that is known to be true. People who doubt this fact are invariably ignorant of the evidence. I used to be in that position too. Would you be open to discussing it or is your mind closed for now?

Evolution is a Fact - Parts 1 - 40...

• cofty
    cofty

I noticed you proposed an argument from personal credulity.

This is the most common objection used by creationists. It takes the form - 'Here is a feature about the natural world that is really complex. I haven't read anything about evolution but I can't imagine how this could come about by naturalistic processes. Therefore god.'

It is an obvious fallacy.

• MuchCloserLook
    MuchCloserLook

MCL- I read Scientific American , and Science magazines, and websites- like National Geographic.

No books.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

the gaping holes suddenly appeared!

Care to elaborate ?

I hope your not holding up the creationist dogma of "where are the intermediate species in the fossil record ?"

• cofty
    cofty
    No books

That was obvious from your posts.

I can answer any objection to may have to the fact of evolution and there are many other well-informed people here.

Let's talk about it. Nothing to lose....

• MuchCloserLook
    MuchCloserLook

Gladly!

How does evolution (via Abiogenesis) teach life began?

• cofty
    cofty

Okay here is the first misconception, Abiogenesis IS NOT evolution.

Evolution deals with the fact that every species that has ever lived, including the 99.9% of species that went extinct before humans appeared, descended from a common ancestor over millions of years.

Abiogenesis is about how geochemistry became biochemistry.

The former is known is great detail; the latter is still an open question although massive progress has been made in recent years. My offer is to discuss biological evolution.

• cofty
    cofty

Why not click on the link and choose a specific topic that interests you?

• MuchCloserLook
    MuchCloserLook

You sound like the Clergy explaining their Triune Polytheism!

Evvies KNOW they don't "have a leg to stand on", since they have NO idea what life IS, much less, how it began- so they use that PLOY.

That is the very BEGINNING of 'Evolution'; WHAT LIFE IS AND HOW IT BEGAN.

But they have NOTHING. Thus the Cheap Ploy.

• MuchCloserLook
    MuchCloserLook

It's like saying you wrote the Bible- then claiming Genesis is not a part of the Bible.

Somewhere, there WOULD be people stupid enough to believe that....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit