Mean things that Elders have done

by galaxy7 28 Replies latest jw friends

• dustyb
    dustyb

mean thing elders have done

tuck their balls behind their legs and run when their "faith" is being questioned reasonably and respectably by a 19 year old kid....

telling my girlfriend that i'm being influenced by satan if i speak bad of the organization

making my girlfriend feel guilty when she talks to me or sees me

telling the kiddies that the world is going to end very soon and we don't have anything to live for......(at least in my generation)

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I remember in '93 when my daughter passed away. I went and stayed with my sister for two weeks. To say I lost my mind is an understatement. I had two little boys to care for, and I was in no shape. When I came home after two weeks, I was told that the congregation wanted to help me. Since I ran away to deal with it, they would not help me. Not one came to my house for the week after she died. I felt like I was all alone. So I did what was best for my family. Yea, I got over it in less than a month. I did not have a strong faith. Grief is a form of selfishness. Why did it take me another 10 yrs to get out? I just don't know.

• dustyb
    dustyb

does the elders watching you like a hawk when you walk into their kingdom hall count as mean things??

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

When some repair work was being carried out on the Kingdom Hall, a young man (who had just started to have a bible study with the witnesses) came along to offer his help with the work, and one of the elders told him that only baptised brothers (and sisters) could be used to help with the repair work !! Result - this young man never came back to the Hall and discontinued his bible study. Looking back on the whole situation, this mean action did him a real favour!!

Twinkletoes

• window man
    window man

wasnt a yes man was doing the sound &microphone bit out in servise asked po when i would be a minstreial servent he told me in 145 yrs thanks but no thanks old boy club

• Xandria
    Xandria

When my mother went to the elders for help ( which was a big step for her.) Due to the fact that my step father was not supporting the family and we were on the verge of eviction, we did not have much to eat and he refused to go for assistance. My mother was at her wits end, I truly think. All my step-father had to say to "Brother" Mosier ( he was the elder that baptized my mother) was that she was smoking and the reason we were having all these issues were because she was a "bad" example and wife.

All focus turned from the marriage and family being in crisis to my mother's smoking habit.

X.

• jads
    jads

I will never forget how naive I was concerning the JW's when I was devout JW. I thought that JW's would not be "racist" after they had learned the "truth". Boy was I wrong! I went to a hall that was 90% Caucasian and about 10% black and it seemed that every time someone was "reproved" or DF'D they were always black. One day I walked into the men's bathroom and there were 2 white elders in there talking about how these "niggers" are corrupting the hall and why don't they go to a hall in "Africa" They did not see me and I went home a cried like a baby. I was in total shock I did not go to the meeting for about 6 months. When the elders finally came to my house to put me on trial for apostasy(They had heard I was reading Ray Franz's book and a so-called friend of mine who was white, went to the elders) I went balistic on them. I cursed them out and told them never to step foot in my house again or I would have my "gangbanging" buddies of mine who hated white folks come by and teach them a lesson. The two elders ran out of my home and I never went to that racist hall again. I went to a hall that was black and hispanic and felt alot of love until I got sick of the Watchtower Society as a whole and DA'ed myself.

• Puternut
    Puternut

I don't know if you would classify this as mean or totally bizzare. But we had an elder who was df'd for child molestation. The friend and fellow elder of this abuser was calling around the congregation, to ask people's opinions as to whether THEY would see, if there was any reason, why the former 'kind hearted' elder, who was basically a 'nice' guy, shouldn't be reinstated..............

And so, after only six months they reinstated this clown.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Avishai - hi - who beat up your mother?? Elders? Thanks.

Seeit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit