Observations/Questions from forum newbie

by Obrien 23 Replies latest forum suggestions

• Obrien
    Obrien

I joined about 5 days ago and have some observations/questions.

Does anyone notice the Profile Update doesn't seem to work? I like reading some of the profiles, most accounts don't have them and maybe that's because the tool doesn't function anymore?

Also I've been noticing a diverse number of subjects which made me think of the categories of people on here. Here's my draft of categories, I'd be interested to read others thoughts.

JWin - those who are still in the organization and come here out of curiousity or to discuss doctrine, etc.

JWinout - those who are transitioning out of the organization but haven't made a firm decision. A lot of dissatisfaction with the org as they battle to convince themselves it's the right move.

JWout - Have made the decision and are out of the organization but just recently, it's still raw. A lot of anger towards towards the organization.

JWlg - Long gone (lg), some acceptance of what was can't be changed, less anger but maybe some sadness and introspection.

JWno - never was a JW but maybe a spouse or friend who was curious about the mindset

Then there are subcategories, the JWwt (Wild Thing), somewhere between JWout and JWlg where you want to taste all the things you missed and go "wild" checking off all the boxes... lol.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

What category do you fit into?

I notice you had no category for exJW condiments, like mustard, much less mean mustard...

• Obrien
    Obrien

Mr Mean Mustard, I'm a JWlg, long gone. Conscripted by my dad at age 8, 32 years in, 30 years out. How about you?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I'm in the JWlgwm camp.

• Elena
    Elena

I’m JWinout. But those new descriptions are not as good as the long time PIMI PIMO POMO PIMQ PIMA.

I’m the later, physically In mentally agnostic

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

JWlg here, checking in ;)

NB mustard is my favourite condiment. Particularly the Dijon kind.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

🤣🤣🤣

Things change.

Years ago, when I was still in I was too frit to browse this site.

Then I browsed and felt guilty.

Next I browsed when I was on the way out. After completely fading I joined and started posting.

Regards

Ron.

• jhine
    jhine

Welcome OBrien , l am a JWno . A life long Anglican ( Church of England) l joined after doorstep conversations with JWs wherein l had doubts about their Bible knowledge and the WT teachings . So l decided to learn more in order to be able to have better discussions with them .I've learnt a lot more than l bargained for .

Elena l feel left out of those categories, there doesn't seem to be one for me 🙁.

Jan from Tam

• Elena
    Elena

Elena l feel left out of those categories, there doesn't seem to be one for me 🙁.

Most people on the planet are POMO, you don’t have to have even been in to be physically out mentally out.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

how about gtbot-glad to be outa there! lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit