Observations/Questions from forum newbie

by Obrien 23 Replies latest forum suggestions

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

Not many mention PIMA or POMA, which is agnostic. It’s interesting Lloyd evans now identifies as agnostic. So he is POMA.

I don’t think anyone could prove to me that God doesn’t exist so therefore Agnostic. I’m staying physically in but JWlite, so never do door to door or anything else really but stay an inactive publisher from their point of view.

If I become POMA then there are definitely good friends that I would miss. I only stay physically in for family and friends. The interesting thing is maybe many of them are kind of the same way!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" I don’t think anyone could prove to me that God doesn’t exist.. "

Nobody who is not a Theist has an obligation to do this, it is Theists who make a claim, the Burden of Proof is entirely upon them.

But with a Massive claim such as a god or gods exist, we rightly expect there to be Massive, irrefutable Evidence to back such a claim. There is Nada, Zilch, absolutely Zero evidence of any quality. Hence we can rightly say in this case, Absence of Evidence is Evidence of Absence.

So every realist who can think, should be a non-theist of some stripe.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PIONEER SCHMIONEER:

I was not raised a Witness either. I’m so grateful I had a fairly normal upbringing.

I came into the religion already with a job. Like you hinted at, they did not like this. I assume you are a man (sorry if I’m wrong).. But, I’m a woman so maybe I was viewed worse. Whatever the case, their bad attitude towards me made it much easier to ‘Fade’.. As I was already in the ‘world’, I didn’t have to learn to navigate my way around. I didn’t have to learn anything new. I just lost time - and that was bad enough.. I did have to ‘unlearn’ certain teachings and thinking habits and get away from the judgmental personalities there and reconnect with good people from my past. So Glad I got out.👍🏻

You sound like you have pity for people still there, and maybe you’re a better person than I am. You also have a good philosophy about life. Best regards.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" you have pity for people still there " I have pity, and empathy for those still there, to a degree, as it took me until I was virtually an old man to wake up, due to having been born in.

But really, anyone still in must be experiencing Cognitive Dissonance at a much higher level than I was all those years ago, and yet that level I had back then moved me to use the Internet to research , and wake up properly,

It is the usual thing that Cult member do, with those still in, you make a feeble excuse, and put those nasty thoughts way to the back of your mind, and say you will "wait on Jehovah" or some such, a crying shame, because Freedom of Mind awaits, and is just a few clicks away on your computer or phone.

I still have hopes for some of those I love, family and old friends, that they WILL wake up soon !

Maybe we will have some more newbies like O'brien soon ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit