I did it ! I told my JW mother that I am pagan !

by Sirona 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Hi sirona;

I've been wondering if she purely played along and agreed with me for the sake of our relationship.

If that is the reason, it's great, as it means your mother puts her family loyalty over cult rhetoric. This is a big thing; you wouldn;t want to count the number of people here who've had their parents put the cult first and them second.

Well done and continued good luck

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Some good titles for those interested in learning more about pagan or wiccan beliefs include:

Paganism: An Introduction to Earth-Centered Religions, by Joyce and River Higginbotham

Principles of Wicca, by Vivianne Crowley

Principles of Paganism, by Vivianne Crowley

Wicca: The Old Religion in the New Millenium, by Vivianne Crowley

Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner, by Scott Cunningham

Living Wicca, by Scott Cunningham

Life Magic, by Susan Bowes

Witches, by Erica Jong

The Spiral Dance, by Starhawk

Drawing Down the Moon, by Margot Adler

(Titles are in no particular order other than that in which they came to mind)

• donkey
    donkey
    I can't tell you how many times I've had spiders appearing all over the place, even sitting on my knee!

You need to dust the house better in future...

• Sassy
    Sassy

wow. I know my mother wouldn't take it that well. Her love for the WTS is stronger than her love for me..

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    Her love for the WTS is stronger than her love for me..

Now this is just sad. The list of possible things they can potentially not talk to you for is endless. How can anyone live an authentic life of ANY kind and maintain a relationship. The WTS is setting us all up to fail. Remember how impossible it was too live up to when you were on the inside? Well now you're on the outside and you still can't get loose of it when you're in this situation because now you have to live differently for those who love you conditionally.

This is more than sad, this is sick and twisted.

Gretchen

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Wow, just shows you how awake I am, when I posted the above I thought that I was posting to your first thread. Then when I exited out I noticed the change in title.

Awesome! So glad to hear your mom is open to some of it at least. And yes, the elders would definately try to stop the Reiki thing (if they even know what it is). Could lead to more questions.

All the best, Sirona.

Gretchen

• alias
    alias

Wow, Sirona, it sounds like it went well. I know that a great burden has been lifted from you!

:)

alias

• Jesika
    Jesika

Good for you and I am glad it went well for you.

Jes

• codeblue
    codeblue

Sirona:

Congrats on your conversation with your Mom....and I am glad to know it went so well. Your Mom really does love you, unconditionally.

How long have you been practicing Reiki? Let us know if your Mom enjoyed her session of Reiki.

I am especially happy that you too are communicating so well. My Mom died when I was 14, and I would love to have a Mom to talk to and share things with. I am very happy for those that have such a loving relationship with their Moms...

Codeblue

• wednesday
    wednesday

Sirona,

Your mom is a peach. She sounds like a very liberal JWS. Does your mom perhaps know more about all these things than she is willing to tell u? Perhaps in the past, do u suppose she was interested in this? How lucky for u to have a mom who is well read and open to new things. Could Your "gift" we one that she also has?

weds

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit