I did it ! I told my JW mother that I am pagan !

by Sirona 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirona
    Sirona

Thanks all

Reiki, I'm only just learning - I've had attunements and I'm using level 2 now. Basically I'm practising on friends and family. Its been great - a definate eye opener. The energy is definately there during the healing sessions.

My mum used to be interested in these things I think, but not as much as my dad. My dad was the one who told her all about it - he used to have some cool skills that she still talks about - like he could go into another room and draw the same picture you drew, he could come home from work and immediately know stuff that noone had actually told him. He was into hypnosis and other bits and pieces. He died when I was 23.

Occasionally she says I'm too much like my dad. Unfortunately, he seemed to search his entire life for "answers" and the "right" religion. He even attended JWs for a while before concluding it was not the truth. I'm not like him in the respect that I don't think I'm still searching, I'm actually enjoying the mystery.

Strangely enough, he maintained that although they split up when I was 2, he still loved my mother more than any other woman. He had remarried and gone on to have other children, but on the few occasions when I saw him (he wasn't in my life for various complicated reasons.....) he would ask about her and even on one embarressing occasion said he loved her still, and his wife was sitting right there! Anyway he died very suddenly from a heart attack (age 52 I think) and was buried on my mothers birthday.

Sirona

• shotgun
    shotgun

Sirona

Great to read a story where personal fortitude was rewarded with good results.

Good for you in finding something you enjoy and also in having the courage to share this with family considering the possible consequences.

All the best..Shotgun

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit