My Letter of Disassociation

by seattleniceguy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• bebu
    bebu

SNG, that was a very well-written letter! I'm sure that each person read the whole thing.

I hope you will let us know about any responses you get over this letter, or if you see any movement toward exit doors by any recipient...

bebu

• avishai
    avishai

Great letter, SNG!!!

• Purple
    Purple

Thank you for sharing tht letter with us. I wish I could just cut and paste a lot of the explanations into a letter and sign my name, adding different bits and such. Never thought about it from the point of view that I dont want my name associated with this organisation either. So much to think about so little time. Once you write the letter , who do you send it to?

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Thank you all for the comments.

Bebu: I will let you know if anything comes of it.

Purple: Where you send the letter is up to you. I sent it to close friends and a few family members that I felt a) deserved a good explanation of what I had chosen, and b) stood a chance of benefitting from it. For the formal DA, I sent a one-page letter to each of the elder's homes and carbon-copied the Governing Body. Thought that would get the job done.

SNG

• Special K
    Special K

Hi SNG...

What a good D'association letter you wrote and sent to your friends and family members.

I hope you know, how important it is to those you loved and cared about to receive this letter.

The WTBTS.. really don't want their members to receive letters like this... AT ALL!!!.

They want to know why you left and then keep it hidden from the rest... THey want their congregation to think that you left for so called "worldly" reason, or "immorality".. or something they can hang a vague open ended swallow up everything "apostate label" to.

I can see that they would be quick to talk to the congregation about your letter for they probably didn't know how many you would have sent out.

Very well written SNG.. with each point being coverered in a very logical, make sense, kind of way. You also spoke from your heart to people you obviously care about and who cared about you, too.

You may have planted some "thinking outside the box seeds" in those who you sent it to.

all the best

Sincerely

Special K

• Maverick
    Maverick

Nice letter SNG: One possible reason the Elders had this meeting part was they may not have known how many copies you sent out. When I sent my Baptism Nullification letter out, I made hundreds of copies and sent them to everyone I knew except the local Elders and CO. I knew they would have to get copies from some of the friends before they could comment on them. I sent them out on a Friday morning using three different post offices, different types of envelopes and stamps, some with Elders or other brothers return addresses on them, and some addressed to the wives of the brothers. There were some very pissed off brothers that weekend. Yet I have NEVER been shunned. I have the JW's wave at me and say Hi! to me all the time. They shun my daughter and threaden this sister who has been seen with me but to this day I have not been shunned. Of course...I would most likely make a real scene if they did! Maverick

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Very well thought and written. Thanks for sharing.

I also wrote to some friends just after I was disfellowshipped -- but that was probably too late. However, words are seed (as the Gospels say).

Take care,

Narkissos

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

My sister almost demanded that I follow the WT's direction and make a letter. But I felt and still feel that I owe them absolutely nothing, where as they owe me everything! They owe me apologies up the ying yang for lying to me and my family, so to cooperate with them and make it easy for them to understand my goals or intent is like a sheep baahing at the wolfs in the darkness of the night giving them respect for chewing off my hamstrings as I desperately fight for spiritual survival. Shane,

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

Singing man. I know what you mean. Some people feel better writting the letter others dont wnatthe wt to come doen on them. What ever you feel its better for you.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Excellent letter SNG. I can't help but wonder how I would have reacted to those words had I been an active JW and had those facts presented to me. I know that most any of my 'conditional' friends would no doubt not have even read it through for fear they might have their eyes opened.. how sad.

I hope they touched someone important to you.. even if over time.

~Sassy~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit