Possible Anti - Apostates here on JWD.

by link 22 Replies latest jw friends

• link
    link

This is obviously in response to the thread "Possible Apostates here on JWD" started by Flying High Now. It was clearly not intended to be taken seriously but it does reflect another possibility that should be considered seriously and that is that there are Anti-Apostates on this board.

I do not consider myself to be a particularly paranoid person but I have seen signs of things that do not seem quite right to me. So what do I mean and how would an Anti-Apostate operate here?

Very simple:

By the maximum use of all the sexually explicit and foul language and all the blasphemous talk about the Christian religion that it is possible to get away with.

With what objective?

Again simple:

Lurkers or others who have serious doubts about life as a JW come here to have a quick peek at the other side of the coin. They are extremely timid at the first visit and will often be in a very fragile and vulnerable state. What better to exploit this situation and turn the doubter back to where he came from than the threads and posts of an Anti-Apostate. Particularly as this site has a high profile and is extremely easy for JW’s to come across when looking for alternative information.

Of course I realise that there are many atheists with genuine strong non-religious beliefs here who like to put their views over in a challenging way - and this is a discussion board covering many issues. But this is something different and something that has worried me since I first came here a couple of years ago. Regrettably it is impossible to give examples without seriously offending the writers of the posts.

Theocratic Warefare or extreme paranoia?

link

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I dunno, but I do know there are JWs and other troublemakers lurking here. Someone here is claiming to have spoken with me, and they are passing info to my parents, telling them what I say.

*waves to stalker*

Feel free to tell my parents I've discovered more of their lying ways. They're such good Christians, aren't they?

*rolls eyes*

• wednesday
    wednesday

this is why i do not reveal my identity her, b/c some of us are still really jws, ie we would rat each other out, just for some unknown brownie points. I've heard people say we should all come out and give our names and not be living a lie. Those people scare me. Some of us have families and owuld like to keep it that way. I find it hard to trust XJWs in general, just b/c they were once JWS, and ratting people out is part of the deal

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

"you vill listen to me very carefully. if you all do not reveal your identities, you vill all be shot!"

• Gordy
    Gordy

Listen carefully I will say this only once.

Don't answer the door it the JW's.

• searcher
  • gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

I have wondered if some people don't consider the effect their posts could have on jws looking around here. The stuff you mention would scare them back to the borg in a heart beat! This site has the potential to help a lot of people, & has helped a lot of people.

I'm not suggesting censorship or anything like that, but for everyone to police themselves & consider what the site has the potential for. It has the potential to be a refuge after a day's work, an understanding place when someone has problems with a jw family member or life in general.

• Valis
    Valis

wednesday, I'm not fond of being called a rat. Just because JWs tend to be rats, doesn't mean ALL XJWs are still that way. I'm sure there are some that would intentionally expose our members for no good ends, but just because I say, "yes, I think everyone shouldn't be afraid to reveal themselves, by no means implies I would intentianally out anyone". Think about it.

And as for people finding some material a bit off, well join the world of the living, happy for the most part), expressive, creative, intelligent, ever growing board of XJWs. You can't tell me people coming here don't know what they are getting into. I just don't see it affecting that many. Look at how much hardcore info we have here. That is one truth new people re looking for and the other is human nature, which is another lesson so many of them sorely lack.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Gopher
    Gopher

Is this site for wondering JW's, with some doubts?

There are purely informative sites -- like www.freeminds.org, where they can research religious and ethical issues surrounding the Watchtower Society and Jehovah's Witnesses.

I only came here after I already deciding never to go back to the Kingdom Hall. That way when stupid flame wars and possibly offensive posts popped up on this board, I was able to bypass those and concentrate on the ones that supported my decision.

I think this board is good for people when the time is right for them. It offers great support to those who are ready for it.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I may have to start a paranoia thread

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit